Posted 3/4/2014 03:38 pm
Updated 6 months ago
The 2013 compensation packages among the five top executives at Home BancShares Inc. of Conway didn't grow except for one.
Tracy French, regional president of Centennial Bank, was awarded an 18 percent increase that saw his combination of salary, bonus, stock/option awards, deferred compensation and other perks reach $678,480.
That total was second only to the $1 million package of John W. Allison, chairman and co-founder of Home BancShares.
While salaries were up among the other three, their compensation totals weren't: Randy Sims, chief executive officer at Home BancShares, $531,569; Randy Mayor, chief financial officer of the company, $406,592; and Bob Birch, regional president of Centennial Bank, $416,217.
Birch realized an additinoal $567,138 by exercising stock options last year. The only other named executive officer at Home BancShares who exercised stock option in 2013 was Allison, $243,648 worth.
Information in the proxy statement released Tuesday included the four largest shareholders of record, deemed to be beneficial owners of stock:
- John Allison, chairman, 7.64 percent worth $170.5 million.
- T. Rowe Price Associates Inc. of Baltimore, Md., 7.5 percent worth $163.2 million.
- BlackRock Inc. of New York, 6.2 percent worth $135 million.
- The Vanguard Group of Malvern, Pa., 5.25 percent worth $114.4 million.
Other substantial stockholdings included three members of the board of directors:
- Rick Ashley, president and owner of The Ashley Co. of North Little Rock, 3.74 percent worth $82.4 million.
- Alex Lieblong, owner of Lieblong & Associates of Little Rock, 1.71 percent worth $19,321,262.
- Bunny Adcock, vice chairman of Home BancShares, 1.49 percent worth $37.7 million.
The company announced its annual shareholders meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m. April 17 at the Little Rock Marriott at 3 Statehouse Plaza.
Three items are listed for consideration at the annual shareholder's meeting:
- To elect directors for a one-year term.
- To provide an advisory (non-binding vote) approving the company's compensation of its named executive officers.
- To ratify the appointment of BKD LLP as the company's independent registered public accounting firm for the next fiscal year.
Only shareholders of record on Feb. 24 will be entitled to vote at the meeting.
Home BancShares board of directors is composed of: Allison, 67; Sims, 59; Mayor, 49; Milburn Adams, 71, former mobile home manufacturer executive; Adcock, 65; Ashley, 58; Dale Bruns, 71, owner of Central Arkansas Sign Co. of Conway; Richard Buckheim, 70, former South Florida banker; Jack Engelkes, 64, managing partner of the accounting firm of Engelkes and Felts Ltd. of Conway; James Hinkle, 64, former Mountain View banker; and Lieblong, 63.