Posted 3/14/2014 09:14 am
Updated 6 months ago
The number of homes sold in Arkansas is up year over year, according to data released Friday by the Arkansas Realtors Association.
The number of homes sold in January was up more than 8 percent over the previous year, the group said, while the average price of those homes rose by more than 1 percent.
According to Friday's report, the average price of the homes sold in the 43 county area surveyed by the group increased from $143,898 in January 2013 to $145,423 in January 2014, while statewide valuations in January increased by over 9 percent from last year.
See the full report here (PDF).
The top five markets for units sold from January to January were:
- Pulaski County, 238 units sold in January 2013 to 259 in January 2014, an increase of 8.8 percent
- Benton County, 223 to 256, an increase of 14.8 percent
- Washington County, 157 to 143, a decrease of 8.9 percent
- Saline County, 88 to 105, up 19.3 percent
- Garland County, 30 to 91, up 203 percent.