Posted 3/28/2014 11:12 am
Updated 4 months ago
Arkansas February home sales rose 12.5 percent from the same month last year, driven by gains in Benton, Faulkner and Saline counties, according to a report Friday by the Arkansas Realtors Association.
You can see the complete report here (PDF).
The report showed 1,793 homes sold last month, up from 1,593 sold during the same month in 2013.
The report also said the average price of those homes sold decreased by almost 3 percent, falling from $151,342 in February 2013 to $146,902 in February 2014.
The monthly report surveys home sales in a 43-county area.
Last month, the top five markets for home sales looked like this:
- Benton County reported 292 sales, up 25 percent from 234 in February 2013.
- Pulaski County reported 274, down less than 1 percent from 276 last year.
- Washington County reported 159, down 5 percent from 168 last year.
- Faulkner County reported 121, up 51 percent from 80 last year.
- Saline County reported 104, up 28 percent from 81 last year.