Posted 5/2/2014 02:44 pm
Updated 4 months ago
Home sales in Arkansas were flat in March, unchanged when compared to the same time last year, according to a report Friday by the Arkansas Realtors Association.
The association, which tracks home sales in 43 Arkansas counties, said 2,182 homes sold in March, the same amount that sold in March 2013. Home sales in Arkansas top five markets for home sales were also flat at 1,157, down 0.5 percent from the same time last year.
Meanwhile, the average price of homes sold in Arkansas was $146,493, down more than 4 percent from an average price of $153,755 in March 2013.
More: View the complete report (PDF).
Looking at the top five counties for home sales:
- Benton County sold 367 homes, down 11 percent from 412 during the same month last year.
- Pulaski sold 337, down 1 percent from 342.
- Washington sold 229, up 20 percent from 191.
- Saline sold 121, down 8 percent from 131.
- Garland sold 103, up 18 percent from 87.