by Mark Carter
Posted 5/5/2014 12:00 am
Drachenberg shares her five tips for startup success:
• Communication with your partners. Good communication is vital to ensuring that there is a collective direction, which ultimately leads to success.
• Passion and belief in your product. If you don't believe in what you are doing, no one else will.
• Laser focus on the end result. It's very easy to get distracted or experience a "mission drift" when you are wearing a lot of hats that are necessary to any startup. Just make sure that you maintain a focus on the end result and match all of your actions to that end result.
• Reality checks. Not every startup succeeds. Those that do succeed don't do it overnight. It's hard work, it's a long process, and it's stressful. Understand that you can't do everything.
• Don't expect sleep. Starting a business is like having a child. You will not get sleep for the next 18 years.