William J. Clinton Foundation
The William J. Clinton Foundation was established by former Arkansas governor and U.S. president Bill Clinton.
Clinton said the mission of the foundation would be to help people meet the "challenges of global interdependence." The Clinton Foundation focuses on four areas: Health security, economic empowerment, leadership development and citizen service and racial, ethnic and religious reconciliation. It works mostly through partnerships with individuals, organizations, corporations and governments and often serves as an incubator for new policies and programs.
Since its founding the foundation has been active in disaster relief efforts including providing aid in the aftermaths of the Indian Ocean earthquake, Hurricane Katrina and the earthquakes in Haiti.
The Clinton Foundation has offices in Little Rock, New York City and Boston. It created the Clinton Health Access Initiative, the Clinton Global Initiative, the Clinton Climate Initiative, the Clinton Development Initiative, the Clinton Economic Opportunity Initiative, the Clinton Giustra Sustainable Growth Initiative and Alliance for a Healthier Generation.
Frank Giustra, a controversial Canadian business executive, is one of the foundation's largest donors, one of five entities to have contributed in excess of $25 million. Other $25 million donors are the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the Children's Investment Fund Foundation, humanitarian relief organization UNITAID and Centenary Group International.
- Here's the Wells Fargo Foreclosure Lawsuit on the Regions Bank Building
- Video: Asa Hutchinson Talks Tax Cut, Marijuana, Trump
- Fed's James Bullard: Only One Rate Hike Needed Now
- Beth Ward, Little Rock TV Mainstay, Dies 1 day ago
- Christen Franke of Franke's Cafeteria Dies at 37 3 days ago
- The Overtime Exemption Rules Are On Hold — What Do You Do Now? (Stuart Jackson Commentary) 2 days ago
- Governor, Speaker, Senate Leader Name 5 to Medical Marijuana Commission 3 days ago
- Arkansas Supreme Court Throws Out Ruling on Birth Certificate Law 2 days ago