William J. Clinton Foundation
The William J. Clinton Foundation was established by former Arkansas governor and U.S. president Bill Clinton.
Clinton said the mission of the foundation would be to help people meet the "challenges of global interdependence." The Clinton Foundation focuses on four areas: Health security, economic empowerment, leadership development and citizen service and racial, ethnic and religious reconciliation. It works mostly through partnerships with individuals, organizations, corporations and governments and often serves as an incubator for new policies and programs.
Since its founding the foundation has been active in disaster relief efforts including providing aid in the aftermaths of the Indian Ocean earthquake, Hurricane Katrina and the earthquakes in Haiti.
The Clinton Foundation has offices in Little Rock, New York City and Boston. It created the Clinton Health Access Initiative, the Clinton Global Initiative, the Clinton Climate Initiative, the Clinton Development Initiative, the Clinton Economic Opportunity Initiative, the Clinton Giustra Sustainable Growth Initiative and Alliance for a Healthier Generation.
Frank Giustra, a controversial Canadian business executive, is one of the foundation's largest donors, one of five entities to have contributed in excess of $25 million. Other $25 million donors are the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the Children's Investment Fund Foundation, humanitarian relief organization UNITAID and Centenary Group International.
- Video: Bank of the Ozarks Marks 20 Years as a Public Company at Nasdaq
- Watch the Wal-Mart Shareholders' Meeting Here
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- The Influencers: 5 Leaders Behind the Framework of Arkansas 23 hours ago
- Gov. Asa Hutchinson Announces Appointments to Boards, Commissions 12 hours ago
- Regions Center Owners Say Management Stayed Mum on Purchase Offer 23 hours ago
- ARcare CEO Steven Collier Ready to Adapt with Whatever Washington Puts in Place 23 hours ago
- The Influencers: Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark. 23 hours ago