Mitchell Williams Selig Gates & Woodyard
The Little Rock law firm of Mitchell Williams Selig Gates & Woodyard was founded in 1954 and remains one of the state's most prominent firms with offices in Little Rock, Rogers, Austin and New York.
Founded by Maurice Mitchell, it has grown to encompass more than 80 attorneys focusing on business, regulated business and litigation.
The firm has achieved national acclaim, including prestigious appointments, awards and honors. Many of its attorneys consistently are listed in Best Lawyers in America and Chambers Partners USA.
In 1998, the firm moved into its current offices in what is now known as the Metropolitan National Bank Tower. Its northwest Arkansas office has grown to 16 attorneys.
In 2007, the firm announced its first expansion into Texas with the opening of a third office in Austin. The office saw further growth in July 2008, when it joined with the long-time insurance regulatory and litigation firm of Long Burner Parks & DeLargy. The move allowed the firm to enhance its service offerings for a large portion of its client base that includes insurers, health-care organizations, corporations, financial institutions, trade associations, legislators and state regulators.
Barry G. Skolnick joined Mitchell Williams’ insurance regulatory practice the same year, giving the firm its New York presence.
- Video: Doug McMillon on Why Wal-Mart Chose Jet.com
- Wall Street Journal: Bank of the Ozarks Fills Loan Void in Big Markets
- Video: Watch Asa Hutchinson, Leslie Rutledge Speak at the Republican National Convention
- Sherwood, Pulaski County Sued Over Hot Check Court Fines, Arrests 1 day ago
- Issue 3: A Job-Luring Amendment, or Corporate Welfare? 3 days ago
- Newcomers to Northwest Arkansas Refilling Labor Pool 3 days ago
- Harrison Hospital Fights Assessor's Tax Ruling 3 days ago
- Agriculture School in Poinsett County Town Proposed 2 days ago