America’s Car-Mart Inc.
America’s Car-Mart Inc. of Bentonville was founded by Bill Fleeman in 1981 in Rogers. The company began with one auto dealership and about 20 vehicles.
The company, which sells automobiles using a “buy-here, pay-here” model, added three more locations in 1982. By 2011, the company had more than 100 locations in eight states in the South and Midwest.
William H “Hank” Henderson, the company’s plain-spoken president and CEO, was hired by Fleeman in 1987. He’s helped lead the company through ups and downs including 2007, which he categorizes as "certainly a bad year for us," despite the fact it kept alive what is now a 30-year streak of profit-making.
The credit crisis, Great Recession and slow economic growth of the latter half of the 2000s has arguably been a boon for the company, as auto customers looked to alternative financing methods like the one America’s Car-Mart offers. At the company’s dealerships, customers can purchase a used automobile, finance it there and make payments all in one location.
In February 2012, the company’s stock reached an all-time high of more than $46 per share.
- CinemaCon 2015 Will Have an Arkansas Flavor
- Wal-Mart Commends Asa Hutchinson for Work on HB1228
- Wal-Mart Is Now Calling for a Veto of HB1228
- Stephens Inc. Hires 5 From Sterne Agee 5 days ago
- USDA Veterinarian: Bird Flu Outbreak Could Be 'Devastating' 19 hours ago
- Centennial, Michael Morton, Dollar General Make Million-Dollar Moves 5 days ago
- Entergy Arkansas Seeks OK for 81-Megawatt Solar Power Plant 3 days ago
- Little Rock A&P Says Legacy Bistro Operating Without Permit, Not Paying Taxes 5 days ago