Stephens Media Group
Stephens Media LLC is a diversified media holding company based in Las Vegas that publishes 11 daily and 64 weekly newspapers in nine states, primarily in Arkansas and Nevada.
The company has expanded its interactive Internet business, where it operates online sites for its newspapers and portal sites like LasVegas.com. The company co-owns Hawaii.com with Gannett Co. It is also a partner in the California Newspapers Partnership with MediaNews and Gannett.
In 2009, Stephens formed a joint venture with Walter Hussman Jr.’s Wehco Media Inc., which owns and operates the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. The deal, under which Stephens and Wehco run Northwest Arkansas Newspapers LLC, ended the newspaper war between the two companies in northwest Arkansas.
Stephens Media was formerly called Donrey Media Group, which was founded by Arkansas media mogul Donald W. Reynolds and based in Fort Smith.
After Reynolds died in 1993, the company was sold to members of Arkansas’ Stephens family, which owns the investment banking business Stephens Inc. of Little Rock.
Stephens sold some Donrey properties and moved the company headquarters to Las Vegas, home of its flagship newspaper, the Las Vegas Review-Journal. The company was re-named Stephens Media Group in 2002. In June 2006, the company became known as Stephens Media LLC.
- At Conference, Tyson Foods Touts Stable Earnings, Sales Growth
- Caterpillar to Lay Off 60 in North Little Rock
- Video: Doug McMillon on Why Wal-Mart Chose Jet.com
- John Rogers Lakewood Mansion Sold for $1.3M 19 hours ago
- Clean Line Meets Resistance from Arkansas Lawmakers 19 hours ago
- Walnut Ridge Three Scheduled for Sentencing on Bank Fraud 19 hours ago
- Today's Bank Named Receiver for Undercapitalized Allied Bank 3 days ago
- St. Vincent West Attracts $14.1 Million Transaction (Real Deals) 19 hours ago