Stephens Media Group
Stephens Media LLC is a diversified media holding company based in Las Vegas that publishes 11 daily and 64 weekly newspapers in nine states, primarily in Arkansas and Nevada.
The company has expanded its interactive Internet business, where it operates online sites for its newspapers and portal sites like LasVegas.com. The company co-owns Hawaii.com with Gannett Co. It is also a partner in the California Newspapers Partnership with MediaNews and Gannett.
In 2009, Stephens formed a joint venture with Walter Hussman Jr.’s Wehco Media Inc., which owns and operates the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. The deal, under which Stephens and Wehco run Northwest Arkansas Newspapers LLC, ended the newspaper war between the two companies in northwest Arkansas.
Stephens Media was formerly called Donrey Media Group, which was founded by Arkansas media mogul Donald W. Reynolds and based in Fort Smith.
After Reynolds died in 1993, the company was sold to members of Arkansas’ Stephens family, which owns the investment banking business Stephens Inc. of Little Rock.
Stephens sold some Donrey properties and moved the company headquarters to Las Vegas, home of its flagship newspaper, the Las Vegas Review-Journal. The company was re-named Stephens Media Group in 2002. In June 2006, the company became known as Stephens Media LLC.
- Dave & Buster's to Open in June at Grove at Gateway Town Center
- Robinson Center Adding Outdoor Terrace, Begins Booking Events
- It's House vs. Senate in 4th Annual Hoops for Kids' Sake Basketball Game
- Update: Sun Paper of China Picks Clark County for $1.3B Pulp Mill 3 days ago
- Mercy Northwest Arkansas Plans $247M Expansion Over 5 Years 2 days ago
- John Glasgow to Dillard's: ‘Call Off the Dogs' 2 years ago
- UA Narrows Candidates for UALR Chancellor to 3 1 day ago
- In Congress, Tom Cotton at Center of Dispute Over Water Buys From Iran 1 day ago