Today's Stock Snapshot (HOMB)
- 20.82 +0.41
Home BancShares Inc.
Home BancShares Inc. of Conway is the holding company for Centennial Bank, which offers commercial and retail banking operations in Arkansas, Florida and Alabama. It is led by John W. Allison, its chairman and a long-time fixture of the Arkansas banking community.
Allison and an investor group including Robert H. "Bunny" Adcock Jr. formed Home BancShares in 1998. The company established First State Bank in Conway in 1999, and spent the next nine years forming, buying and integrating Community Bank, Bank of Mountain View, Twin City Bank, Marine Bank and Centennial Bank.
In 2009, the company completed a year-long plan to collapse six bank charters - five in Arkansas and one in Florida - into a single charter and unite its banking operations under the Centennial name.
Beginning that same year, Home BancShares began expanding operations into Florida and Alabama with a string of FDIC-assisted acquisitions. Allison called the chance for Arkansas banks to snap up failing banks hundreds of miles away a "generational opportunity.” The company reported full-year 2011 net income of $54 million.
- UCA Narrows President Applicants to 8
- Asa Hutchinson Weighs In On Trump Comments
- Waltons Among Forbes' Top 20 Richest
- UCA Selects 4 President Finalists to Interview On Campus 1 day ago
- Bear State Financial 3Q Earnings Up 47 Percent 24 hours ago
- Report: Arkansas Medical Pot Plan Costs More Than It Raises 2 days ago
- A Power Line to Nowhere (Julie Morton Commentary) 5 days ago
- Chinese Firm Agrees to Put Garment Plant in Little Rock, Employ 400 2 days ago