Nabholz Construction Services of Conway is the state’s largest commercial contractor with more than $430 million in revenue in 2010.
Accordng to the company, Nabholz Construction Services was founded in 1949 by R.D. “Bob” Nabholz “somewhat by accident” when Nabholz was building a home for his soon-to-be wife. A man saw the home Nabholz was building and made Nabholz an offer to purchase it. Nabholz accepted the offer and used the profit to build houses and duplexes. Later he branched into commercial construction.
The company was incorporated in 1955. Four years later the firm got its first $1 million project: The Arkansas Children’s Colony.
By 1986 the firm made ENR’s “Top 400 Contractors List” and in 1990 it reached $100 million in sales. The company soon expanded into Oklahoma and northwest Arkansas.
Major projects include the multimillion-dollar Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art in Bentonville, the Arkansas Children’s Hospital addition, the UAMS Institute on Aging and the Southwest Power Pool campus in Little Rock.
- Soirée: Potbelly Sandwich Shop Coming to Little Rock
- Heartbleed? No Need for Heart Attack, We've Got Help, Advice
- CMS Database Shows Medicare Payments to Doctors, Others in 2012
- Arkansas Doctors Discover the Joys Of Concierge Care 3 days ago
- Three More Banks File Claims Against Dennis Smiley Collateral 15 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Atlanta Hawks' Joe Johnson Rides Up High in His Super Truck 6 years ago
- Attorney-Client Privilege and Work Product (Amy Lee Stewart Commentary) 3 days ago