Nabholz Construction Services of Conway is the state’s largest commercial contractor with more than $430 million in revenue in 2010.
Accordng to the company, Nabholz Construction Services was founded in 1949 by R.D. “Bob” Nabholz “somewhat by accident” when Nabholz was building a home for his soon-to-be wife. A man saw the home Nabholz was building and made Nabholz an offer to purchase it. Nabholz accepted the offer and used the profit to build houses and duplexes. Later he branched into commercial construction.
The company was incorporated in 1955. Four years later the firm got its first $1 million project: The Arkansas Children’s Colony.
By 1986 the firm made ENR’s “Top 400 Contractors List” and in 1990 it reached $100 million in sales. The company soon expanded into Oklahoma and northwest Arkansas.
Major projects include the multimillion-dollar Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art in Bentonville, the Arkansas Children’s Hospital addition, the UAMS Institute on Aging and the Southwest Power Pool campus in Little Rock.
- Reports: Wal-Mart Nabs Another Shopping App, Luvocracy
- FCC Approves Sinclair's $1B Deal to Buy Allbritton TV Stations, Including KATV
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Our Community, Our Dollars Ends Efforts in Faulkner, Craighead Counties 12 hours ago
- NERA Study: EPA Regs Would Cost Arkansas Jobs, Millions in Compliance 20 hours ago
- ArcBest 2Q Profit Triples From Last Year 21 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Whataburger On Way to Fayetteville (NWA Real Deals) 4 days ago