Nabholz Construction Services of Conway is the state’s largest commercial contractor with more than $430 million in revenue in 2010.
Accordng to the company, Nabholz Construction Services was founded in 1949 by R.D. “Bob” Nabholz “somewhat by accident” when Nabholz was building a home for his soon-to-be wife. A man saw the home Nabholz was building and made Nabholz an offer to purchase it. Nabholz accepted the offer and used the profit to build houses and duplexes. Later he branched into commercial construction.
The company was incorporated in 1955. Four years later the firm got its first $1 million project: The Arkansas Children’s Colony.
By 1986 the firm made ENR’s “Top 400 Contractors List” and in 1990 it reached $100 million in sales. The company soon expanded into Oklahoma and northwest Arkansas.
Major projects include the multimillion-dollar Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art in Bentonville, the Arkansas Children’s Hospital addition, the UAMS Institute on Aging and the Southwest Power Pool campus in Little Rock.
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- Startup Airline Glo Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Reorganization
- Wal-Mart Sets Date for Annual Meeting
- Camille Norman Joins ERI as Media Director 16 hours ago
- Political Strategist Noelle Nikpours' Racy Website Replaced 9 years ago
- Hot Springs' Waters Hotel Joins Ascend Collection 2 days ago
- USA Truck Hires Kim Littlejohn as Tech Officer 23 hours ago
- Arkansas Women's Hall of Fame Inducts 10 for 2017 Class 3 days ago