Nabholz Construction Services of Conway is the state’s largest commercial contractor with more than $430 million in revenue in 2010.
Accordng to the company, Nabholz Construction Services was founded in 1949 by R.D. “Bob” Nabholz “somewhat by accident” when Nabholz was building a home for his soon-to-be wife. A man saw the home Nabholz was building and made Nabholz an offer to purchase it. Nabholz accepted the offer and used the profit to build houses and duplexes. Later he branched into commercial construction.
The company was incorporated in 1955. Four years later the firm got its first $1 million project: The Arkansas Children’s Colony.
By 1986 the firm made ENR’s “Top 400 Contractors List” and in 1990 it reached $100 million in sales. The company soon expanded into Oklahoma and northwest Arkansas.
Major projects include the multimillion-dollar Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art in Bentonville, the Arkansas Children’s Hospital addition, the UAMS Institute on Aging and the Southwest Power Pool campus in Little Rock.
- Wall Street Journal: Bank of the Ozarks Fills Loan Void in Big Markets
- Video: Watch Asa Hutchinson, Leslie Rutledge Speak at the Republican National Convention
- Video: Watch Tom Cotton's Republican National Convention Speech
- Video: Watch Asa Hutchinson, Leslie Rutledge Speak at the Republican National Convention 5 days ago
- Alyse Eady Named Co-Anchor of 'Good Day Atlanta' on WAGA 4 days ago
- Don Soderquist, Former Wal-Mart COO, Dies at 82 3 days ago
- Chambers Bank Lands $2 Million Golden Judgment 5 hours ago
- Video: Watch Tom Cotton's Republican National Convention Speech 6 days ago