Baldwin & Shell Construction Co.
Baldwin & Shell Construction Co. of Little Rock is a commercial contractor founded by Werner Knoop, Olen Cates and P.W. Baldwin in 1946 as The Baldwin Company. The three men brought various abilities -- management, engineering and financial skills -- to the group.
In 1950 a management trainee named Robert J. Shell joined the firm. He later became president and CEO.
Baldwin & Shell’s projects include hospitals, office buildings, educational facilities, churches, industrial plants, financial institutions, renovations and remodeling. It has been listed among Engineering News Records’ prestigious Top 400 Construction Companies.
In 2009 the company moved into its new 23,000-square-foot environmentally friendly headquarters in downtown Little Rock, making it the first construction company headquarters in Arkansas to be LEED-certified as a "green" building.
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Jobs at Sun Paper, Mercy Northwest, GW Communication & Sprint
- Dave & Buster's to Open in June at Grove at Gateway Town Center
- Robinson Center Adding Outdoor Terrace, Begins Booking Events
- SIG Sauer Finalizes Plans to Move to Jacksonville 9 hours ago
- Designer Jamie Davidson's Strong Suit? Vision 3 days ago
- AEDC Opens Bids for Advertising Contracts 12 hours ago
- Ron Sherman Sets Guinness World Record for TV Commercials 1 day ago
- Oreos, Apple and Core Knowledge (Craig Douglass On Consumers) 3 days ago