Baldwin & Shell Construction Co.
Baldwin & Shell Construction Co. of Little Rock is a commercial contractor founded by Werner Knoop, Olen Cates and P.W. Baldwin in 1946 as The Baldwin Company. The three men brought various abilities -- management, engineering and financial skills -- to the group.
In 1950 a management trainee named Robert J. Shell joined the firm. He later became president and CEO.
Baldwin & Shell’s projects include hospitals, office buildings, educational facilities, churches, industrial plants, financial institutions, renovations and remodeling. It has been listed among Engineering News Records’ prestigious Top 400 Construction Companies.
In 2009 the company moved into its new 23,000-square-foot environmentally friendly headquarters in downtown Little Rock, making it the first construction company headquarters in Arkansas to be LEED-certified as a "green" building.
- Wall Street Journal: Bank of the Ozarks Fills Loan Void in Big Markets
- Video: Watch Asa Hutchinson, Leslie Rutledge Speak at the Republican National Convention
- Video: Watch Tom Cotton's Republican National Convention Speech
- Baptist Health Sets Opening In Conway 3 days ago
- Chambers Bank Lands $2 Million Golden Judgment 3 days ago
- Little Rock Doctor Robert Barrow Sentenced to 2 Years in Prison 20 hours ago
- Johnny Allison Plays Market for Gains After Brexit 'Bank Sale' 3 days ago
- ‘Pokemon Go' and Social Marketing (Ross Cranford Expert Advice) 3 days ago