Baldwin & Shell Construction Co.
Baldwin & Shell Construction Co. of Little Rock is a commercial contractor founded by Werner Knoop, Olen Cates and P.W. Baldwin in 1946 as The Baldwin Company. The three men brought various abilities -- management, engineering and financial skills -- to the group.
In 1950 a management trainee named Robert J. Shell joined the firm. He later became president and CEO.
Baldwin & Shell’s projects include hospitals, office buildings, educational facilities, churches, industrial plants, financial institutions, renovations and remodeling. It has been listed among Engineering News Records’ prestigious Top 400 Construction Companies.
In 2009 the company moved into its new 23,000-square-foot environmentally friendly headquarters in downtown Little Rock, making it the first construction company headquarters in Arkansas to be LEED-certified as a "green" building.
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Joins in Chorus Against Religious Protection Bill
- Video: Mavis Lindsey on the Closure of Lindsey's Resort
- Mike Beebe Joins Roberts Law Firm of Little Rock
- Acxiom Asks Gov. Hutchinson to Veto HB1228 5 hours ago
- Jonesboro Developer Bruce Burrow's Pyrrhic Victory 22 hours ago
- #HB1228 Advances to House, Could Come Up Tuesday 11 hours ago
- Return on Equity: Top 14 Performers Dot Arkansas 22 hours ago
- #HB1228 Tests LGBT Economic Argument (Andrew DeMillo Analysis) 1 day ago