Baldwin & Shell Construction Co.
Baldwin & Shell Construction Co. of Little Rock is a commercial contractor founded by Werner Knoop, Olen Cates and P.W. Baldwin in 1946 as The Baldwin Company. The three men brought various abilities -- management, engineering and financial skills -- to the group.
In 1950 a management trainee named Robert J. Shell joined the firm. He later became president and CEO.
Baldwin & Shell’s projects include hospitals, office buildings, educational facilities, churches, industrial plants, financial institutions, renovations and remodeling. It has been listed among Engineering News Records’ prestigious Top 400 Construction Companies.
In 2009 the company moved into its new 23,000-square-foot environmentally friendly headquarters in downtown Little Rock, making it the first construction company headquarters in Arkansas to be LEED-certified as a "green" building.
- Alice Walton Drops Rocking W Ranch Price to $16.5M
- Judge Puts Brakes on Parks Lawsuit Against Tyson
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Jobs at Sun Paper, Mercy Northwest, GW Communication & Sprint
- 2 Banks Join Arkansas Business' Largest Private Companies List 2 days ago
- Arrest Warrant Issued for John Rogers 2 days ago
- Fowler Foods Cheers Colonel Sanders' Return to KFC 2 days ago
- Asa Hutchinson Names AJ Gary New ADEM Director 11 hours ago
- 'A Good Graphic' (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 2 days ago