Baldwin & Shell Construction Co.
Baldwin & Shell Construction Co. of Little Rock is a commercial contractor founded by Werner Knoop, Olen Cates and P.W. Baldwin in 1946 as The Baldwin Company. The three men brought various abilities -- management, engineering and financial skills -- to the group.
In 1950 a management trainee named Robert J. Shell joined the firm. He later became president and CEO.
Baldwin & Shell’s projects include hospitals, office buildings, educational facilities, churches, industrial plants, financial institutions, renovations and remodeling. It has been listed among Engineering News Records’ prestigious Top 400 Construction Companies.
In 2009 the company moved into its new 23,000-square-foot environmentally friendly headquarters in downtown Little Rock, making it the first construction company headquarters in Arkansas to be LEED-certified as a "green" building.
- CinemaCon 2015 Will Have an Arkansas Flavor
- Wal-Mart Commends Asa Hutchinson for Work on HB1228
- Wal-Mart Is Now Calling for a Veto of HB1228
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 3 years ago
- Home BancShares 1Q Profit UP 14 Percent 3 days ago
- Stephens Inc. Hires 5 From Sterne Agee 6 days ago
- In Praise of Pragmatism (Editorial) 6 days ago
- Southwind Milling in Pine Bluff Gets New Partner, $9M for Expansion 4 days ago