Clinton Presidential Library and Museum
The Clinton Presidential Library and Museum is within the Clinton Presidential Center and Park in downtown Little Rock.
It's the presidential library for Bill Clinton, who served as the 42nd president of the United States and was a former Arkansas governor. The Clinton Library is the 13th presidential library to be completed in the U.S. It sits on 17 acres along the Arkansas River and its $165 million cost was funded entirely through private donations.
The Center includes the Clinton Foundation's Little Rock office and the University of Arkansas Clinton School of Public Service.
In addition to the archival collection and research facilities, the Clinton Presidential Library and Museum features exhibits, special events and educational programs. The museum houses replicas of the White House Oval Office and the Cabinet Room. Permanent exhibits utilize documents, photographs, videos and interactive stations. A timeline and alcoves highlight domestic and foreign policy as well as life in the White House.
The library was dedicated Nov. 18, 2004 with an estimated 30,000 in attendance despite rain. Four U.S. presidents were present — Clinton, Jimmy Carter, George H. W. Bush and George W. Bush — and sat together on the main stage.
The library has had a dramatic impact on downtown Little Rock, helping the adjoining River Market District grow and prosper. After the location for the project was announced, many new businesses began to develop in the surrounding area. Numerous hotels, restaurants, housing complexes, offices and retail stores were established.
- Judge Puts Brakes on Parks Lawsuit Against Tyson
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Jobs at Sun Paper, Mercy Northwest, GW Communication & Sprint
- Dave & Buster's to Open in June at Grove at Gateway Town Center
- Little Rock Startup Launches RaftUp App 23 hours ago
- Sprint Hires Sales Directors for Regional Headquarters In Little Rock 19 hours ago
- Bruno's Deli Still Set for June Opening 4 days ago
- Scott Lambert Steps Up to Senior Examiner at State Bank Department (Movers & Shakers) 4 days ago
- Pulaski County's Most Expensive Home Sales of 2015 4 days ago