Gaston's White River Resort
Gaston's White River Resort is a world-renowned trout fishing resort nestled along two miles of the White River near Lakeview in Baxter County.
It was established in 1958 when current owner Jim Gaston's father Al Gaston purchased 20 acres of White River frontage with six small cottages and six boats. Since then it has received local and national recognition.
The resort now covers more than 400 acres with 79 cottages ranging in size from two double beds and a bathroom to a two-story cottage with 10 private bedrooms.
The resort's famous grass airstrip has grown from 1,800 feet to 3,200 feet and its six boats are now more than 70 with a large state-of-the-art dock. Over the years Gaston's added an acclaimed restaurant, a private club, gift shop, tennis court, playground, swimming pool, duck pond, game room and two nature trails.
The Conference Lodge at Gaston's seats up to 125 people with catering available from Gaston's restaurant.
In 2011, Jim Gaston was named Business Executive of the Year by Arkansas Business. Gaston's White River Resort was named a Top 10 resort destination in 2009 by ResortsandLodges.com.
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- Inauguration Day in Arkansas
- White County Woman Wins $1.25M Defamation Case Against Website 2 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 3 years ago
- Barber Co-Defendant James Van Doren Asks Court for Bond Relief 2 years ago
- Asa Hutchinson Walks Fine Line in Medicaid Speech (Andrew DeMillo Analysis) 14 hours ago
- AIA Finalist: 28 Springs 1 year ago