Gaston's White River Resort
Gaston's White River Resort is a world-renowned trout fishing resort nestled along two miles of the White River near Lakeview in Baxter County.
It was established in 1958 when current owner Jim Gaston's father Al Gaston purchased 20 acres of White River frontage with six small cottages and six boats. Since then it has received local and national recognition.
The resort now covers more than 400 acres with 79 cottages ranging in size from two double beds and a bathroom to a two-story cottage with 10 private bedrooms.
The resort's famous grass airstrip has grown from 1,800 feet to 3,200 feet and its six boats are now more than 70 with a large state-of-the-art dock. Over the years Gaston's added an acclaimed restaurant, a private club, gift shop, tennis court, playground, swimming pool, duck pond, game room and two nature trails.
The Conference Lodge at Gaston's seats up to 125 people with catering available from Gaston's restaurant.
In 2011, Jim Gaston was named Business Executive of the Year by Arkansas Business. Gaston's White River Resort was named a Top 10 resort destination in 2009 by ResortsandLodges.com.
- VentureBeat: Fayetteville's Qbox Raises $2.4M
- Bloomberg: Wal-Mart Looking to Rein In Expenses
- Memphis' Soul Fish Cafe Headed to Little Rock
- Little Rock's Original Fern Bar: How Buster's Birthed Dave & Buster's 5 days ago
- Today's Power to Provide Solar Array for Ozarks Electric Cooperative 15 hours ago
- Supply Lags Demand for Osteopathic Residencies 5 days ago
- Jones Film Makes Main Street Move, Becomes M-3 Productions 3 weeks ago
- Emails: Osteopathic Association Opposed Jonesboro Location 5 days ago