Regions entered the insurance agency business with the acquisition of Rebsamen Insurance Inc., a Little Rock agency with multiple locations.
Established in 1928, Rebsamen Insurance was the largest insurance agency in Arkansas when it was acquired by Regions in 2001.
Over the next several years, other prominent regional firms joined Regions Insurance including ICT Insurance in Louisiana, Consolidated Insurance in Texas, Miles and Finch in Indiana, and Barksdale Bonding and Insurance in Mississippi.
Through acquisitions and internal growth, Regions Insurance has become the third largest insurance broker owned by a financial holding company. In 2010, Regions Insurance recorded revenue of $139 million, and the year before it wrote more than $1.7 billion in premiums.
Regions established Regions Insurance Services Inc., to consolidate the product lines offered to meet the credit-related insurance needs of bank clients. The products of Regions Insurance Services include title, term life, credit life, environmental, crop and mortgage insurance as well as debt cancellation products.
Regions Insurance now is a Top 20 insurance agency with an 80-year history. The Insurance Agents of America have named it a Best Practices agency.
- IKEA is Coming to Memphis
- Twerking, Meditation Lead Year's Top Google How-To Searches in Little Rock
- Wal-Mart CEO Says Company's U.S. Workers Will Soon Make Above Federal Minimum Wage
- Outlets at Little Rock Developer Talks Construction, Tenants, Impact 21 hours ago
- Gray Divorce: Arkansas Attorneys On How Late-Life Splits Threaten Retirement 4 days ago
- Windstream Details REIT Stock Structure, Plans Special Meeting 22 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Investment in Solar Energy Transforms Industry 2 weeks ago
- ASU Hires Shane Broadway As VP for Governmental Relations 2 days ago