Regions entered the insurance agency business with the acquisition of Rebsamen Insurance Inc., a Little Rock agency with multiple locations.
Established in 1928, Rebsamen Insurance was the largest insurance agency in Arkansas when it was acquired by Regions in 2001.
Over the next several years, other prominent regional firms joined Regions Insurance including ICT Insurance in Louisiana, Consolidated Insurance in Texas, Miles and Finch in Indiana, and Barksdale Bonding and Insurance in Mississippi.
Through acquisitions and internal growth, Regions Insurance has become the third largest insurance broker owned by a financial holding company. In 2010, Regions Insurance recorded revenue of $139 million, and the year before it wrote more than $1.7 billion in premiums.
Regions established Regions Insurance Services Inc., to consolidate the product lines offered to meet the credit-related insurance needs of bank clients. The products of Regions Insurance Services include title, term life, credit life, environmental, crop and mortgage insurance as well as debt cancellation products.
Regions Insurance now is a Top 20 insurance agency with an 80-year history. The Insurance Agents of America have named it a Best Practices agency.
- Here's the New UALR Trojans Logo
- Twitter Reactions of Interest to SCOTUS Ruling
- UA Makes List of Top 100 US Patent Producers
- Former Hogs QB Clint Stoerner Tangles with Former Business Partners 3 days ago
- Here's the New UALR Trojans Logo 13 hours ago
- Little Rock Marks Milestone at Robinson Center Renovation 13 hours ago
- Wal-Mart SVP Rick Webb: NWA Needs Employees Educated in STEM 3 days ago
- Northwest Arkansas Transforming Into a Tech Hub 3 days ago