Capers opened on Highway 10 in 1997 in what was then the edge of the Little Rock. Today, it could be considered midtown West Little Rock. What hasn't changed has been Capers' consistent status as one of Little Rock's best upscale restaurants.
Its ownership group has worked together since 1982 while working for the Little Rock landmark restaurant and entertainment venue, Cajuns Wharf.
Capers has become notable in food and wine circles, winning many awards including Best Outside Dining, Most Romantic, Best Wine List and others. In addition, Capers has won the Wine Spectators Award of Excellence for six consecutive years. Capers is one of just eight restaurants in Arkansas to ever receive the award.
In 2005, Capers opened the Market at Capers, a gourmet-to-go, fresh-market shop located behind the restaurant.
Capers consistently ranks as one of the most profitable upscale restaurants in the Little Rock metro region. In 2010, its revenues totaled just under $1.1 million to rank it fourth on the Arkansas Business list of upscale restaurants ranked by revenue.
- Bloomberg: Verizon Communications to Shed Regional Offices
- Video: Doug McMillon Talks Changes, US Economy on CNBC
- Governor: Arkansas Will Be in 'Top Tier' of Trading Partners with Cuba
- Hot Springs Condo Fray Entering Ninth Year 2 days ago
- Fred Poe, Founder of Poe Travel, Dies 4 hours ago
- BNSF Logistics Completes Springdale Facility 3 hours ago
- What We've Got Here (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 2 days ago
- Aircraft Interior Solutions Awaits FAA Review of Innovative Seat 2 days ago