Capers opened on Highway 10 in 1997 in what was then the edge of the Little Rock. Today, it could be considered midtown West Little Rock. What hasn't changed has been Capers' consistent status as one of Little Rock's best upscale restaurants.
Its ownership group has worked together since 1982 while working for the Little Rock landmark restaurant and entertainment venue, Cajuns Wharf.
Capers has become notable in food and wine circles, winning many awards including Best Outside Dining, Most Romantic, Best Wine List and others. In addition, Capers has won the Wine Spectators Award of Excellence for six consecutive years. Capers is one of just eight restaurants in Arkansas to ever receive the award.
In 2005, Capers opened the Market at Capers, a gourmet-to-go, fresh-market shop located behind the restaurant.
Capers consistently ranks as one of the most profitable upscale restaurants in the Little Rock metro region. In 2010, its revenues totaled just under $1.1 million to rank it fourth on the Arkansas Business list of upscale restaurants ranked by revenue.
- Heartbleed? No Need for Heart Attack, We've Got Help, Advice
- CMS Database Shows Medicare Payments to Doctors, Others in 2012
- NY Post Reports Alice Walton Might Be Buyer of $70M Penthouse
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- While Creditors Circle, Joe Blankenship Seeks Lenders for Japanese Gold 3 years ago
- Wal-Mart CEO Doug McMillon, Wife Give $1M to UA Walton Business College 2 days ago
- Harry Scott, Former President of Thompson Industries of Russellville, Dies at 64 9 months ago
- Dave Elswick, Bob Steel, Jack Heinritz All Out at KARN 2 weeks ago