Capers opened on Highway 10 in 1997 in what was then the edge of the Little Rock. Today, it could be considered midtown West Little Rock. What hasn't changed has been Capers' consistent status as one of Little Rock's best upscale restaurants.
Its ownership group has worked together since 1982 while working for the Little Rock landmark restaurant and entertainment venue, Cajuns Wharf.
Capers has become notable in food and wine circles, winning many awards including Best Outside Dining, Most Romantic, Best Wine List and others. In addition, Capers has won the Wine Spectators Award of Excellence for six consecutive years. Capers is one of just eight restaurants in Arkansas to ever receive the award.
In 2005, Capers opened the Market at Capers, a gourmet-to-go, fresh-market shop located behind the restaurant.
Capers consistently ranks as one of the most profitable upscale restaurants in the Little Rock metro region. In 2010, its revenues totaled just under $1.1 million to rank it fourth on the Arkansas Business list of upscale restaurants ranked by revenue.
- Questions About Martha Shoffner's Arrest That Should Be Answered Monday
- Video: What We Know About the Arrest of Martha Shoffner
- Video: 'Arkansas Week' & the Arkansas Business Week in Review
- Update: Complaint Says Martha Shoffner Accepted $6,000 Payment from Broker 15 hours ago
- State Treasurer Martha Shoffner Arrested for Extortion by FBI 2 days ago
- Houston Company Forecloses on $5M Valley Falls Home 1 day ago
- Texarkana's Truman Arnold Cos. Off Largest Private Companies List After Execs Move to Dallas 1 day ago
- Arrested Arkansas Treasurer Martha Shoffner Says She Won't Resign 15 hours ago