Snell Prothetic & Orthotic Laboratory
Founded in 1911, Snell Prosthetic & Orthotic Laboratory of Little Rock specializes in custom-made and fitted prosthetic and orthotic devices from artificial limbs to braces. Its high-demand products are for back injuries and below-the-knee amputations.
CEO Rick Fleetwood said the company was constantly growing and currently sees 55,000 patients a year.
Snell has always had an office in Little Rock, but it opened its second location in 1998 in Russellville. It kept adding offices and now has nine locations across the state. More offices are planned.
“We know that there is a need out there, and we intend to serve those needs,” Fleetwood said in 2012.
One of the challenges the company is now dealing with is the rising number of uninsured Arkansans. That’s left the company having to be more creative in working with agencies such as Medicaid to ensure that the patients receive the equipment they require.
Fleetwood has credited the company’s success to its 56 employees, some of whom have worked there for more than 40 years.
“We’re blessed to have one of the best teams and group of individuals who are so compassionate and caring about the services that they provide to Arkansans across the state,” he said. Snell also sees patients from other states and other countries.
Fleetwood said his goal for the company was “to continue to get bigger and better and improve more lives.”
In 2012, the company won the Arkansas Business of the Year Award for Category II.
- Hutchinson: Arkansas 'Ready to Go' on ACA Repeal But Concerned About Trade Tax
- Live Video: Watch Gov. Asa Hutchinson's Speech to the Legislature
- On MSNBC, Fox Business, Cotton and Hutchinson Talk Health Care Reform
- New UCA President Houston Davis Talks Priorities, Plans 22 hours ago
- Simmons, Home BancShares Set To Vault Into $10B Club 5 days ago
- Hickingbotham Investments Buys Landers Harley-Davidson 3 days ago
- Cameron Smith & Associates Expanding 5 days ago
- Arkansas Specialty Orthopaedics Looking at New Home in Midtown Little Rock 5 days ago