Sound Concepts of Jonesboro installs audiovisual equipment in residences and businesses like hospitals, airports and banks. It was founded by Ryan Heringer after he graduated from the University of Arkansas in 2002.
The company boasts a $2.5 million showroom in a 17,500-SF design center and serves customers in four states.
“We have customers that fly in on their private planes and drive in from Alabama,” Heringer told Arkansas Business in 2012. “We’ll be the closest design center or showroom that typically has it on display. We’re kind of bucking the national trend on that.”
In 2011, revenue topped $5 million, and Heringer planned to open a 2,000-SF satellite office in Little Rock in 2012. Heringer says the fast-changing world of technology makes his business a particularly challenging one.
“What we’re showing today is, in a year, something that’s an antique,” he said. The business is “constantly changing. ... There’s the cutting edge and bleeding edge. We’re on the bleeding edge all of the time.”
In 2011, Sound Concepts was named Northeast Arkansas Business of the Year in Category I.
- Memphis' Soul Fish Cafe Headed to Little Rock
- Tom Dalton: ARK Challenge Will Continue
- Cache Chef Payne Harding Apologizes After Protestors Hit With Water
- Receiver Seeks Another Contempt of Court Ruling Against John Rogers 18 hours ago
- Martha Shoffner, Convicted of Bribery, to Be Sentenced Today 3 hours ago
- In Little Rock, GOP Presidential Candidate Ben Carson Stands As Another Political Outsider 17 hours ago
- Arkansas Women's Hall of Fame to Honor First Inductees 24 hours ago
- Hillary Clinton Quietly Trying to Discourage Joe Biden from a 2016 Bid 2 hours ago