Sound Concepts of Jonesboro installs audiovisual equipment in residences and businesses like hospitals, airports and banks. It was founded by Ryan Heringer after he graduated from the University of Arkansas in 2002.
The company boasts a $2.5 million showroom in a 17,500-SF design center and serves customers in four states.
“We have customers that fly in on their private planes and drive in from Alabama,” Heringer told Arkansas Business in 2012. “We’ll be the closest design center or showroom that typically has it on display. We’re kind of bucking the national trend on that.”
In 2011, revenue topped $5 million, and Heringer planned to open a 2,000-SF satellite office in Little Rock in 2012. Heringer says the fast-changing world of technology makes his business a particularly challenging one.
“What we’re showing today is, in a year, something that’s an antique,” he said. The business is “constantly changing. ... There’s the cutting edge and bleeding edge. We’re on the bleeding edge all of the time.”
In 2011, Sound Concepts was named Northeast Arkansas Business of the Year in Category I.
- John James Wants to Turn Old Post Office into Startup Hub
- Arkansas Business Wrote About Police Investigating Richard Johns in 2012
- PTI to Provide Projection Mapping on Old State House for LR Film Festival
- Big Companies, Big Revenue: 75 Largest Private Companies in Arkansas Bring In $32.8B 2 days ago
- Someone's Son Is Dead (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 2 days ago
- Legislative Groups OK Bonds Plan for Lockheed Martin Project 4 hours ago
- Receiver Recovers John Rogers Photos Posted For Sale on eBay 2 days ago
- Little Rock Company Priority Growing Under the Wire 2 days ago