Sound Concepts of Jonesboro installs audiovisual equipment in residences and businesses like hospitals, airports and banks. It was founded by Ryan Heringer after he graduated from the University of Arkansas in 2002.
The company boasts a $2.5 million showroom in a 17,500-SF design center and serves customers in four states.
“We have customers that fly in on their private planes and drive in from Alabama,” Heringer told Arkansas Business in 2012. “We’ll be the closest design center or showroom that typically has it on display. We’re kind of bucking the national trend on that.”
In 2011, revenue topped $5 million, and Heringer planned to open a 2,000-SF satellite office in Little Rock in 2012. Heringer says the fast-changing world of technology makes his business a particularly challenging one.
“What we’re showing today is, in a year, something that’s an antique,” he said. The business is “constantly changing. ... There’s the cutting edge and bleeding edge. We’re on the bleeding edge all of the time.”
In 2011, Sound Concepts was named Northeast Arkansas Business of the Year in Category I.
- UA Graduate's Design for WWI Memorial Wins Competition
- Here Are the Arkansas Stores Wal-Mart Is Closing
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson Rings NYSE Opening Bell, Appears on CNBC, Fox Business
- No Time Like The Present (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 2 days ago
- Cities in Arkansas Scrambling to Fill Vacant Walmart Locations 2 days ago
- Brown Sugar Bakeshop Plans to Fill Cake Hole in NLR 2 days ago
- USA Truck Hires Craig, Loses Weindel 6 hours ago
- Little Rock Law Firm Loses Money in Forgery Scam 2 days ago