Sound Concepts of Jonesboro installs audiovisual equipment in residences and businesses like hospitals, airports and banks. It was founded by Ryan Heringer after he graduated from the University of Arkansas in 2002.
The company boasts a $2.5 million showroom in a 17,500-SF design center and serves customers in four states.
“We have customers that fly in on their private planes and drive in from Alabama,” Heringer told Arkansas Business in 2012. “We’ll be the closest design center or showroom that typically has it on display. We’re kind of bucking the national trend on that.”
In 2011, revenue topped $5 million, and Heringer planned to open a 2,000-SF satellite office in Little Rock in 2012. Heringer says the fast-changing world of technology makes his business a particularly challenging one.
“What we’re showing today is, in a year, something that’s an antique,” he said. The business is “constantly changing. ... There’s the cutting edge and bleeding edge. We’re on the bleeding edge all of the time.”
In 2011, Sound Concepts was named Northeast Arkansas Business of the Year in Category I.
- It's Been a Busy 4 Days at the State Insurance Commission
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- Arvest Mortgage CEO Bill Roehrenbeck Joins PNC Bank of Delaware 4 days ago
- Three Tech Firms Moving to Downtown Conway, Plan to Hire 140 23 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Cuts About 50 Positions at Bentonville Headquarters 1 day ago
- Senate Votes to Continue 'Private Option,' Form Task Force 23 hours ago
- UAMS Startup Receives $14.5M to Help Drug Users Break Addiction 22 hours ago