Sound Concepts of Jonesboro installs audiovisual equipment in residences and businesses like hospitals, airports and banks. It was founded by Ryan Heringer after he graduated from the University of Arkansas in 2002.
The company boasts a $2.5 million showroom in a 17,500-SF design center and serves customers in four states.
“We have customers that fly in on their private planes and drive in from Alabama,” Heringer told Arkansas Business in 2012. “We’ll be the closest design center or showroom that typically has it on display. We’re kind of bucking the national trend on that.”
In 2011, revenue topped $5 million, and Heringer planned to open a 2,000-SF satellite office in Little Rock in 2012. Heringer says the fast-changing world of technology makes his business a particularly challenging one.
“What we’re showing today is, in a year, something that’s an antique,” he said. The business is “constantly changing. ... There’s the cutting edge and bleeding edge. We’re on the bleeding edge all of the time.”
In 2011, Sound Concepts was named Northeast Arkansas Business of the Year in Category I.
- Video: Here's How I-30 Would Look After Widening
- Report: Alice Walton Is Selling Out of the Cutting Horse Business
- Crittenden County Voters OK Tax Increase to Reopen Hospital
- Lawsuit, Liens Hit Scott Reed's Main Street Projects 2 days ago
- J.B. Hunt Sues Software Company 2 days ago
- Nightmare on Main Street (U.S. Reps. French Hill and Stephen Fincher Commentary) 4 hours ago
- State Chamber Investigation Follows Resignation of SVP Susie Marks 2 days ago
- Weighing Private Option Boost, Medicare Cuts To Scale Uncompensated Care 2 days ago