Sound Concepts of Jonesboro installs audiovisual equipment in residences and businesses like hospitals, airports and banks. It was founded by Ryan Heringer after he graduated from the University of Arkansas in 2002.
The company boasts a $2.5 million showroom in a 17,500-SF design center and serves customers in four states.
“We have customers that fly in on their private planes and drive in from Alabama,” Heringer told Arkansas Business in 2012. “We’ll be the closest design center or showroom that typically has it on display. We’re kind of bucking the national trend on that.”
In 2011, revenue topped $5 million, and Heringer planned to open a 2,000-SF satellite office in Little Rock in 2012. Heringer says the fast-changing world of technology makes his business a particularly challenging one.
“What we’re showing today is, in a year, something that’s an antique,” he said. The business is “constantly changing. ... There’s the cutting edge and bleeding edge. We’re on the bleeding edge all of the time.”
In 2011, Sound Concepts was named Northeast Arkansas Business of the Year in Category I.
- Here's the New UALR Trojans Logo
- Twitter Reactions of Interest to SCOTUS Ruling
- UA Makes List of Top 100 US Patent Producers
- Former Hogs QB Clint Stoerner Tangles with Former Business Partners 4 days ago
- Acxiom CEO Scott Howe Gets $1.2M Raise in Fiscal 2015 20 hours ago
- Hutchinson Announces State Board Appointments 4 hours ago
- Here's the New UALR Trojans Logo 1 day ago
- Little Rock Marks Milestone at Robinson Center Renovation 1 day ago