Sound Concepts of Jonesboro installs audiovisual equipment in residences and businesses like hospitals, airports and banks. It was founded by Ryan Heringer after he graduated from the University of Arkansas in 2002.
The company boasts a $2.5 million showroom in a 17,500-SF design center and serves customers in four states.
“We have customers that fly in on their private planes and drive in from Alabama,” Heringer told Arkansas Business in 2012. “We’ll be the closest design center or showroom that typically has it on display. We’re kind of bucking the national trend on that.”
In 2011, revenue topped $5 million, and Heringer planned to open a 2,000-SF satellite office in Little Rock in 2012. Heringer says the fast-changing world of technology makes his business a particularly challenging one.
“What we’re showing today is, in a year, something that’s an antique,” he said. The business is “constantly changing. ... There’s the cutting edge and bleeding edge. We’re on the bleeding edge all of the time.”
In 2011, Sound Concepts was named Northeast Arkansas Business of the Year in Category I.
- Six Walton Family Members Make Forbes Wealthiest List
- Previously Withheld Clinton Records Go Public Today
- Wal-Mart Buys Yumprint of Seattle
- Steele Stephens: Martha Shoffner Took $6K at Arkansas Capitol 4 hours ago
- Mike Beebe Names 44 to Boards, Commissions 23 hours ago
- Commission Investigates Judge Mike Maggio's Web Postings 1 day ago
- Trespassers Suspected in Majestic Hotel Fire 4 hours ago
- Witnesses Portray Martha Shoffner As Cranky, Demanding 7 hours ago