Sound Concepts of Jonesboro installs audiovisual equipment in residences and businesses like hospitals, airports and banks. It was founded by Ryan Heringer after he graduated from the University of Arkansas in 2002.
The company boasts a $2.5 million showroom in a 17,500-SF design center and serves customers in four states.
“We have customers that fly in on their private planes and drive in from Alabama,” Heringer told Arkansas Business in 2012. “We’ll be the closest design center or showroom that typically has it on display. We’re kind of bucking the national trend on that.”
In 2011, revenue topped $5 million, and Heringer planned to open a 2,000-SF satellite office in Little Rock in 2012. Heringer says the fast-changing world of technology makes his business a particularly challenging one.
“What we’re showing today is, in a year, something that’s an antique,” he said. The business is “constantly changing. ... There’s the cutting edge and bleeding edge. We’re on the bleeding edge all of the time.”
In 2011, Sound Concepts was named Northeast Arkansas Business of the Year in Category I.
- Video: Tyson Unveils New Corporate Logo, Growth Strategy at Conference
- Hutchinson: Arkansas 'Ready to Go' on ACA Repeal But Concerned About Trade Tax
- Live Video: Watch Gov. Asa Hutchinson's Speech to the Legislature
- Deltic Timber Shares Spike as Filing Reports Buyout Interest 20 hours ago
- Supreme Court Strikes Fayetteville's LGBT Protections 21 hours ago
- Video: Tyson Unveils New Corporate Logo, Growth Strategy at Conference 3 days ago
- Contentious Grocery Store Wine Bill Headed to House 15 hours ago
- Rock Capital to Develop $16M-$17M Downtown Little Rock Hotel 7 days ago