Sound Concepts of Jonesboro installs audiovisual equipment in residences and businesses like hospitals, airports and banks. It was founded by Ryan Heringer after he graduated from the University of Arkansas in 2002.
The company boasts a $2.5 million showroom in a 17,500-SF design center and serves customers in four states.
“We have customers that fly in on their private planes and drive in from Alabama,” Heringer told Arkansas Business in 2012. “We’ll be the closest design center or showroom that typically has it on display. We’re kind of bucking the national trend on that.”
In 2011, revenue topped $5 million, and Heringer planned to open a 2,000-SF satellite office in Little Rock in 2012. Heringer says the fast-changing world of technology makes his business a particularly challenging one.
“What we’re showing today is, in a year, something that’s an antique,” he said. The business is “constantly changing. ... There’s the cutting edge and bleeding edge. We’re on the bleeding edge all of the time.”
In 2011, Sound Concepts was named Northeast Arkansas Business of the Year in Category I.
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- Inauguration Day in Arkansas
- How A Trans-Atlantic Investment Scam Ensnared Credit Union President Joyce Judy 24 hours ago
- Arkansas' Biggest Deals of 2014 Soar While Value Slips 24 hours ago
- Windstream Names Lewis Langston CIO, Adds Other Senior Leaders 15 hours ago
- In Arkansas, Rules Restrict e-Services By Physicians 24 hours ago
- Landowners Seek Ruling On Oil Firm's Eminent Domain Powers 3 days ago