Sound Concepts of Jonesboro installs audiovisual equipment in residences and businesses like hospitals, airports and banks. It was founded by Ryan Heringer after he graduated from the University of Arkansas in 2002.
The company boasts a $2.5 million showroom in a 17,500-SF design center and serves customers in four states.
“We have customers that fly in on their private planes and drive in from Alabama,” Heringer told Arkansas Business in 2012. “We’ll be the closest design center or showroom that typically has it on display. We’re kind of bucking the national trend on that.”
In 2011, revenue topped $5 million, and Heringer planned to open a 2,000-SF satellite office in Little Rock in 2012. Heringer says the fast-changing world of technology makes his business a particularly challenging one.
“What we’re showing today is, in a year, something that’s an antique,” he said. The business is “constantly changing. ... There’s the cutting edge and bleeding edge. We’re on the bleeding edge all of the time.”
In 2011, Sound Concepts was named Northeast Arkansas Business of the Year in Category I.
- Kevin Delaney Back on 'Tonight Show' on Nov. 7
- Bentonville's Transformation Subject of Ad Age Spotlight
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Tom Cotton, Asa Hutchinson Lead Big in Arkansas Poll 1 day ago
- ProLand Title Buys Arkansas County Title of Stuttgart 10 hours ago
- Newk's Eatery Expanding to Northwest Arkansas 1 day ago
- #ARPX: What to Watch on Election Day (Robert Coon & Blake Rutherford On Politics) 2 days ago
- John Glasgow to Dillard's: ‘Call Off the Dogs' 7 months ago