Sound Concepts of Jonesboro installs audiovisual equipment in residences and businesses like hospitals, airports and banks. It was founded by Ryan Heringer after he graduated from the University of Arkansas in 2002.
The company boasts a $2.5 million showroom in a 17,500-SF design center and serves customers in four states.
“We have customers that fly in on their private planes and drive in from Alabama,” Heringer told Arkansas Business in 2012. “We’ll be the closest design center or showroom that typically has it on display. We’re kind of bucking the national trend on that.”
In 2011, revenue topped $5 million, and Heringer planned to open a 2,000-SF satellite office in Little Rock in 2012. Heringer says the fast-changing world of technology makes his business a particularly challenging one.
“What we’re showing today is, in a year, something that’s an antique,” he said. The business is “constantly changing. ... There’s the cutting edge and bleeding edge. We’re on the bleeding edge all of the time.”
In 2011, Sound Concepts was named Northeast Arkansas Business of the Year in Category I.
- YRC CEO is Done Talking About That ABF Freight Takeover Offer
- More Trouble at David Henry's Plaza Towers
- Arkansas Times: Sources Say Martha Shoffner Source Is Steele Stephens
- Mike Duke Among Top 50 Highest-Paid CEOs As Ranked by AP 1 day ago
- White River Health System Preps ER for Health Care Reform 5 days ago
- America's Car-Mart 4Q Profit Down 9 Percent 5 hours ago
- Murphy Oil to Buy Back $250 Million in Shares 3 hours ago
- Rod Bigelow on Keeping a Full Palette at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art 5 days ago