Coulson Oil Inc.
Coulson Oil Co. of North Little Rock has operated from its location on Pike Avenue for 43 years. It started small, but now covers the whole state, supplying fuel to convenience stores and gas stations.
CFO Lance West told Arkansas Business in 2012 that the company has always strived to be on the cutting edge of the gasoline industry. In Arkansas, West said, “We had the first self-service gas and the first E85 [ethanol] locations. We had the first convenience stores combined with fast-food restaurants 10 or 15 years ago.”
The company was also a pioneer in truck stops and car washes, was the first in Arkansas to advertise gas prices on billboards and opened the first self-service diesel station in Arkansas.
About 50 employees work at the Pike Avenue office and another 20 to 25 drive the Coulson trucks. The company sells fuel to some 230 outlets around the state.
Coulson mainly supplies gasoline for Shell, but it also supplies ConocoPhillips and Valero. The company works with the community through programs like the Special Olympics, the Make-A-Wish Foundation and CARTI.
In 2011, Coulson Oil signaled a turn back to retail operations. The company purchased two large convenience stores in the Texarkana area in February 2012 and set it sights on further expansion.
- Caterpillar to Lay Off 60 in North Little Rock
- Video: Doug McMillon on Why Wal-Mart Chose Jet.com
- Wall Street Journal: Bank of the Ozarks Fills Loan Void in Big Markets
- Wal-Mart's McMillon Tops Compensation List of 100 Arkansas Public Company Execs 1 day ago
- Charles Morgan Sues Partner in Lotus Auto Deal 1 day ago
- Conlon Collection Fetches $1.8M at Auction; Proceeds to Pay John Rogers Debt 21 hours ago
- 25 Years After the Arkansas Gazette's Closing, Veterans Consider Consequences 1 day ago
- Latest Numbers Factor in Arkansas Medicaid Debate (Andrew DeMillo Analysis) 2 days ago