Baptist Health System
Baptist Health is Arkansas’ largest health-care system, with hospital campuses in Little Rock, North Little Rock, Arkadelphia, Heber Springs and Stuttgart.
Its main campus and medical center facility is located Interstate 630 in west Little Rock, commanding its own exit and off ramp. In addition, Baptist Health operates the following, all in Little Rock: therapy centers, physician clinics, specialty centers such as those devoted to heart and breast health, an extended care hospital, an outpatient center, a retirement village, a hotel focused on the comfort and convenience of patients and their families on the Little Rock campus, a rehabilitation institute and a school of nursing and allied health.
Baptist Health was created in 1919 when the Arkansas Baptist State Convention voted to create a "modern scientific hospital" in Little Rock. The Baptist State Hospital was opened with 75 beds in November 1920.
In recent years, health care reform has prompted Arkansas hospitals to partner with local physician groups, and Baptist is no exception. In 2012, Baptist Health announced a partnership with Arkansas Cardiology, whose doctors specialize in interventional cardiology, nuclear cardiology, heart failure and peripheral vascular diagnostic and intervention, to form Baptist Health Heart Institute.
Baptist Health earned more than $2 billion in revenue in 2010, has more than 800 beds and employs more than 2,600 across the state. Russ Harrington is president and CEO of Baptist Health.
- Here's the Wells Fargo Foreclosure Lawsuit on the Regions Bank Building
- Video: Asa Hutchinson Talks Tax Cut, Marijuana, Trump
- Fed's James Bullard: Only One Rate Hike Needed Now
- Christen Franke of Franke's Cafeteria Dies at 37 2 days ago
- After 37 Years, Beth Ward Retires From Little Rock TV 1 decade ago
- Arkansas Supreme Court Throws Out Ruling on Birth Certificate Law 1 day ago
- The Overtime Exemption Rules Are On Hold — What Do You Do Now? (Stuart Jackson Commentary) 1 day ago
- Governor, Speaker, Senate Leader Name 5 to Medical Marijuana Commission 2 days ago