Baptist Health System
Baptist Health is Arkansas’ largest health-care system, with hospital campuses in Little Rock, North Little Rock, Arkadelphia, Heber Springs and Stuttgart.
Its main campus and medical center facility is located Interstate 630 in west Little Rock, commanding its own exit and off ramp. In addition, Baptist Health operates the following, all in Little Rock: therapy centers, physician clinics, specialty centers such as those devoted to heart and breast health, an extended care hospital, an outpatient center, a retirement village, a hotel focused on the comfort and convenience of patients and their families on the Little Rock campus, a rehabilitation institute and a school of nursing and allied health.
Baptist Health was created in 1919 when the Arkansas Baptist State Convention voted to create a "modern scientific hospital" in Little Rock. The Baptist State Hospital was opened with 75 beds in November 1920.
In recent years, health care reform has prompted Arkansas hospitals to partner with local physician groups, and Baptist is no exception. In 2012, Baptist Health announced a partnership with Arkansas Cardiology, whose doctors specialize in interventional cardiology, nuclear cardiology, heart failure and peripheral vascular diagnostic and intervention, to form Baptist Health Heart Institute.
Baptist Health earned more than $2 billion in revenue in 2010, has more than 800 beds and employs more than 2,600 across the state. Russ Harrington is president and CEO of Baptist Health.
- At Conference, Tyson Foods Touts Stable Earnings, Sales Growth
- Caterpillar to Lay Off 60 in North Little Rock
- Video: Doug McMillon on Why Wal-Mart Chose Jet.com
- Today's Bank Named Receiver for Undercapitalized Allied Bank 2 days ago
- Nucor Corp. Plans New $230M Mill at Blytheville, 100 Jobs 5 days ago
- William Rockefeller, Samar Ali Join Winrock International Board 3 days ago
- A Mighty Good Road: The Decline and Fall of the Rock Island Railroad 4 years ago
- CaseStack Sees Success Through Service, Experience 4 days ago