Baptist Health System
Baptist Health is Arkansas’ largest health-care system, with hospital campuses in Little Rock, North Little Rock, Arkadelphia, Heber Springs and Stuttgart.
Its main campus and medical center facility is located Interstate 630 in west Little Rock, commanding its own exit and off ramp. In addition, Baptist Health operates the following, all in Little Rock: therapy centers, physician clinics, specialty centers such as those devoted to heart and breast health, an extended care hospital, an outpatient center, a retirement village, a hotel focused on the comfort and convenience of patients and their families on the Little Rock campus, a rehabilitation institute and a school of nursing and allied health.
Baptist Health was created in 1919 when the Arkansas Baptist State Convention voted to create a "modern scientific hospital" in Little Rock. The Baptist State Hospital was opened with 75 beds in November 1920.
In recent years, health care reform has prompted Arkansas hospitals to partner with local physician groups, and Baptist is no exception. In 2012, Baptist Health announced a partnership with Arkansas Cardiology, whose doctors specialize in interventional cardiology, nuclear cardiology, heart failure and peripheral vascular diagnostic and intervention, to form Baptist Health Heart Institute.
Baptist Health earned more than $2 billion in revenue in 2010, has more than 800 beds and employs more than 2,600 across the state. Russ Harrington is president and CEO of Baptist Health.
- Arkansas Times: Sources Say Martha Shoffner Source Is Steele Stephens
- Questions About Martha Shoffner's Arrest That Should Be Answered Monday
- Video: What We Know About the Arrest of Martha Shoffner
- Arkansas Treasurer Martha Shoffner Resigns Amid Charges She Took Cash 2 hours ago
- Update: Complaint Says Martha Shoffner Accepted $6,000 Payment from Broker 1 day ago
- Remington Plans $32 Million Expansion of Lonoke Ammunition Plant 10 hours ago
- House GOP Leader Bruce Westerman Calls for Martha Shoffner's Removal 10 hours ago
- Texarkana's Truman Arnold Cos. Off Largest Private Companies List After Execs Move to Dallas 2 days ago