CenterPoint Energy Arkansas
CenterPoint Energy's Arkansas operations serve gas utility services to about 419,000 people in Arkansas. Its Arkansas revenue in 2010 was more than $462 million.
Based in Houston, Texas, CenterPoint sells and delivers natural gas to 3.2 million customers in six states. Overall, it services more than 5 million customers.
Its Arkansas operations are led by Walter Bryant, who also oversees the company's efforts in Oklahoma, Louisiana and Mississippi. The company's service area includes Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Mississippi and Minnesota.
CenterPoint operates natural gas distribution points and two interstate natural gas pipelines in Arkansas. In addition, it gathers and processes natural gas from major producing fields in Arkansas, including the Fayetteville Shale.
The company's operations are broken down into five primary businesses: electric transmission and distribution for a 5,000-square-mile electric service territory in the Houston area; natural gas distribution; interstate pipelines; field services that entail gathering, treating and moving natural gas from wellhead to pipeline, and competitive natural gas sales and services.
- UA Graduate's Design for WWI Memorial Wins Competition
- Here Are the Arkansas Stores Wal-Mart Is Closing
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson Rings NYSE Opening Bell, Appears on CNBC, Fox Business
- Bentonville Urbanites Pick Pocket Community 1 week ago
- Arkansas Up for Grabs After Huckabee Exit (Andrew DeMillo Analysis) 13 hours ago
- Arkansas Supreme Court Race Pits Judge vs Little Rock Lawyer 13 hours ago
- Tim Griffin to Lead Review of DHS 2 months ago
- In Fort Smith, Developers Eye $5M Revamp of Historic Ward-Garrison Building 4 days ago