CenterPoint Energy Arkansas
CenterPoint Energy's Arkansas operations serve gas utility services to about 419,000 people in Arkansas. Its Arkansas revenue in 2010 was more than $462 million.
Based in Houston, Texas, CenterPoint sells and delivers natural gas to 3.2 million customers in six states. Overall, it services more than 5 million customers.
Its Arkansas operations are led by Walter Bryant, who also oversees the company's efforts in Oklahoma, Louisiana and Mississippi. The company's service area includes Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Mississippi and Minnesota.
CenterPoint operates natural gas distribution points and two interstate natural gas pipelines in Arkansas. In addition, it gathers and processes natural gas from major producing fields in Arkansas, including the Fayetteville Shale.
The company's operations are broken down into five primary businesses: electric transmission and distribution for a 5,000-square-mile electric service territory in the Houston area; natural gas distribution; interstate pipelines; field services that entail gathering, treating and moving natural gas from wellhead to pipeline, and competitive natural gas sales and services.
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Joins in Chorus Against Religious Protection Bill
- Video: Mavis Lindsey on the Closure of Lindsey's Resort
- Mike Beebe Joins Roberts Law Firm of Little Rock
- Harps Sherwood Store Delayed by Dunkin' Donuts Details 6 days ago
- Arkansas Lawmaker Urges Ban on California Wine Over Egg Law 2 days ago
- Indiana Officials Look to Stem Fallout From Religious Objections Law 2 days ago
- Harold Boldt Is Resigning as Texarkana City Manager 4 days ago
- Today Is Final Day for Arkansas Business 40 Under 40 Nominations 2 days ago