CenterPoint Energy Arkansas
CenterPoint Energy's Arkansas operations serve gas utility services to about 419,000 people in Arkansas. Its Arkansas revenue in 2010 was more than $462 million.
Based in Houston, Texas, CenterPoint sells and delivers natural gas to 3.2 million customers in six states. Overall, it services more than 5 million customers.
Its Arkansas operations are led by Walter Bryant, who also oversees the company's efforts in Oklahoma, Louisiana and Mississippi. The company's service area includes Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Mississippi and Minnesota.
CenterPoint operates natural gas distribution points and two interstate natural gas pipelines in Arkansas. In addition, it gathers and processes natural gas from major producing fields in Arkansas, including the Fayetteville Shale.
The company's operations are broken down into five primary businesses: electric transmission and distribution for a 5,000-square-mile electric service territory in the Houston area; natural gas distribution; interstate pipelines; field services that entail gathering, treating and moving natural gas from wellhead to pipeline, and competitive natural gas sales and services.
- Video: 'Arkansas Week' & the Arkansas Business Week in Review
- Mixed Expectations Ahead of Wal-Mart's 1Q Earnings
- Banks Ask Fed to Watch Wal-Mart's Financial Services More Closely
- State Treasurer Martha Shoffner Arrested for Extortion by FBI 1 day ago
- Update: Arkansas Treasurer Martha Shoffner Remains in Pulaski County Jail 6 hours ago
- Arkansas State Treasurer Martha Shoffner Targeted in Criminal Probe 4 months ago
- Troy Duke, L.R. Gardner Plan to Buy Bank of Rison 3 days ago
- At Annual Meeting, Dillard's Mulls What to Do With Cash 2 days ago