CenterPoint Energy Arkansas
CenterPoint Energy's Arkansas operations serve gas utility services to about 419,000 people in Arkansas. Its Arkansas revenue in 2010 was more than $462 million.
Based in Houston, Texas, CenterPoint sells and delivers natural gas to 3.2 million customers in six states. Overall, it services more than 5 million customers.
Its Arkansas operations are led by Walter Bryant, who also oversees the company's efforts in Oklahoma, Louisiana and Mississippi. The company's service area includes Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Mississippi and Minnesota.
CenterPoint operates natural gas distribution points and two interstate natural gas pipelines in Arkansas. In addition, it gathers and processes natural gas from major producing fields in Arkansas, including the Fayetteville Shale.
The company's operations are broken down into five primary businesses: electric transmission and distribution for a 5,000-square-mile electric service territory in the Houston area; natural gas distribution; interstate pipelines; field services that entail gathering, treating and moving natural gas from wellhead to pipeline, and competitive natural gas sales and services.
- Bloomberg: Verizon Communications to Shed Regional Offices
- Video: Doug McMillon Talks Changes, US Economy on CNBC
- Governor: Arkansas Will Be in 'Top Tier' of Trading Partners with Cuba
- Georgia-Pacific's Crossett Mill On Front Line of Tissue Wars 2 days ago
- Scott Inman to Leave KATV in Early 2016 6 hours ago
- Simmons First Unveils Plan to Move Pine Bluff Forward 23 hours ago
- Jury Convicts Oklahoma Man for Defrauding Broyles Foundation 8 hours ago
- Gary Rickenbach Offers Conditional Guilty Plea in One Bank Case 5 hours ago