Riceland Foods of Stuttgart is the world's largest miller and marketer of rice, accounting for roughly one-third of U.S. rice production, according to some estimates.
Riceland also is a major soybean processor. It stores, processes, and markets milled white, brown and parboiled rice, rice flour, rice bran oil, soybean meal, soybean and other food oils, and feed ingredients.
Riceland is a cooperative of 7,500 members in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri and Texas who farm rice, soybeans and wheat. Its 2010 sales totaling $1.1 billion and it employs roughly 1,600.
Riceland products are sold across the nation and in more than 75 countries worldwide.
Karl Kennedy is president and CEO of Riceland. The organization's board of directors is comprised entirely of farmers and is elected by Riceland members to formulate policies for the farmers' cooperative.
The board's chairman and vice chairman provide leadership for the group. Standing committees are appointed to monitor specific areas of the cooperative's business and to report findings to the board.
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Joins in Chorus Against Religious Protection Bill
- Video: Mavis Lindsey on the Closure of Lindsey's Resort
- Mike Beebe Joins Roberts Law Firm of Little Rock
- Harps Sherwood Store Delayed by Dunkin' Donuts Details 6 days ago
- Arkansas Lawmaker Urges Ban on California Wine Over Egg Law 2 days ago
- Indiana Officials Look to Stem Fallout From Religious Objections Law 2 days ago
- George Dunklin the High Bidder in Auction of Arkansas, Jefferson County Land 1 month ago
- Windstream Board Gives Final Approval for REIT 3 days ago