Southwest Power Pool
Southwest Power Pool is a Little Rock-based regional transmission organization mandated by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. It serves more than 4.5 million customers in eight states: Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.
The SPP footprint includes 16 balancing authorities, 40,364 miles of transmission lines and 255,000 square miles. Led by president and CEO Nick Brown, SPP employs more than 300 employees in Arkansas.
That number is expected to increase dramatically when SPP finishes construction on a $62 million west Little Rock corporate headquarters campus, scheduled to open in the spring of 2012. The new campus will enable the company to bring all its employees, currently spread among three sites in Little Rock and Maumelle, to one location.
In February of 2012, SPP announced a $1.7 billion expansion plan that would entail more than 900 miles of new transmission lines and 15 transformers. It is expected to generate $834 million in net regional savings over 40 years.
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Jobs at Sun Paper, Mercy Northwest, GW Communication & Sprint
- Dave & Buster's to Open in June at Grove at Gateway Town Center
- Robinson Center Adding Outdoor Terrace, Begins Booking Events
- SIG Sauer Finalizes Plans to Move to Jacksonville 11 hours ago
- Designer Jamie Davidson's Strong Suit? Vision 3 days ago
- AEDC Opens Bids for Advertising Contracts 14 hours ago
- Ron Sherman Sets Guinness World Record for TV Commercials 1 day ago
- Oreos, Apple and Core Knowledge (Craig Douglass On Consumers) 3 days ago