Southwest Power Pool
Southwest Power Pool is a Little Rock-based regional transmission organization mandated by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. It serves more than 4.5 million customers in eight states: Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.
The SPP footprint includes 16 balancing authorities, 40,364 miles of transmission lines and 255,000 square miles. Led by president and CEO Nick Brown, SPP employs more than 300 employees in Arkansas.
That number is expected to increase dramatically when SPP finishes construction on a $62 million west Little Rock corporate headquarters campus, scheduled to open in the spring of 2012. The new campus will enable the company to bring all its employees, currently spread among three sites in Little Rock and Maumelle, to one location.
In February of 2012, SPP announced a $1.7 billion expansion plan that would entail more than 900 miles of new transmission lines and 15 transformers. It is expected to generate $834 million in net regional savings over 40 years.
- Here Are Some of the Golfers You'll See at Alotian Club's Western Amateur Tournament
- Gannett Nearly Doubles TV Portfolio with $2B Deal for Belo
- Little Rock's Frontline Athlete Management Boasts Five First Round Picks In MLB Draft
- Arkansas Business Presents the 40 Under 40 Class of 2013 2 days ago
- What They're Doing: Updates on Past 40 Under 40 Honorees 2 days ago
- Arkansas Counties Leery of Blueways Title for White River 1 day ago
- Movista: Bentonville A City On Fire 1 day ago
- Walton Family Foundation Gives 2 Education Groups $1.3M 9 hours ago