Southwest Power Pool
Southwest Power Pool is a Little Rock-based regional transmission organization mandated by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. It serves more than 4.5 million customers in eight states: Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.
The SPP footprint includes 16 balancing authorities, 40,364 miles of transmission lines and 255,000 square miles. Led by president and CEO Nick Brown, SPP employs more than 300 employees in Arkansas.
That number is expected to increase dramatically when SPP finishes construction on a $62 million west Little Rock corporate headquarters campus, scheduled to open in the spring of 2012. The new campus will enable the company to bring all its employees, currently spread among three sites in Little Rock and Maumelle, to one location.
In February of 2012, SPP announced a $1.7 billion expansion plan that would entail more than 900 miles of new transmission lines and 15 transformers. It is expected to generate $834 million in net regional savings over 40 years.
- Video: Bank of the Ozarks Marks 20 Years as a Public Company at Nasdaq
- Watch the Wal-Mart Shareholders' Meeting Here
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- JB Hunt Buys Special Logistics Dedicated LLC for $136M 3 days ago
- Embrace These Tech Investments (Heather Albright Expert Advice) 6 hours ago
- Arkansas Banks Signing on to Mobile Wallets 6 hours ago
- Bank of the Ozarks Making Its Mark as Bank of the Nation 6 hours ago
- Dispute Over Taxes Tears Family Apart 6 hours ago