Southwest Power Pool
Southwest Power Pool is a Little Rock-based regional transmission organization mandated by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. It serves more than 4.5 million customers in eight states: Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.
The SPP footprint includes 16 balancing authorities, 40,364 miles of transmission lines and 255,000 square miles. Led by president and CEO Nick Brown, SPP employs more than 300 employees in Arkansas.
That number is expected to increase dramatically when SPP finishes construction on a $62 million west Little Rock corporate headquarters campus, scheduled to open in the spring of 2012. The new campus will enable the company to bring all its employees, currently spread among three sites in Little Rock and Maumelle, to one location.
In February of 2012, SPP announced a $1.7 billion expansion plan that would entail more than 900 miles of new transmission lines and 15 transformers. It is expected to generate $834 million in net regional savings over 40 years.
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Joins in Chorus Against Religious Protection Bill
- Video: Mavis Lindsey on the Closure of Lindsey's Resort
- Mike Beebe Joins Roberts Law Firm of Little Rock
- Harps Sherwood Store Delayed by Dunkin' Donuts Details 5 days ago
- Arkansas Lawmaker Urges Ban on California Wine Over Egg Law 13 hours ago
- Asa Hutchinson Names Mike Preston as New AEDC Director 1 day ago
- Windstream Board Gives Final Approval for REIT 1 day ago
- I.O. Metro Names John Erdos New CEO 1 day ago