Truman Arnold Cos.
Truman Arnold Cos. of Texarkana, consistently ranked among the biggest private companies in Arkansas by revenue, is a petroleum wholesaler and provider of aviation services through fixed-base operations around the region. For the fiscal year that ended Sept. 30, 2011, TAC reported revenue that broke through the $3 billion mark -- a record for the company. In early 2012, the firm acquired Keystone Aviation LLC of Salt Lake City and planned to expand its TAC Air brand to two Keystone operations in Utah.
The company was founded by Truman Arnold in 1964. He remains chairman.
TAC employs more than 500 and has sales and distribution exceeding 2 billion gallons annually. TAC also has interests in convenience stores, real estate and ranching.
Forbes magazine ranks it as one of the largest private companies in the United States; it was No. 3 on Arkansas Business' 2010 list of the state's largest private companies.
Arnold has served as president of the Arkansas Oil Marketers Association and on the National Petroleum Council and is chairman emeritus of the National Air Transportation Association.
- Little Rock Marriott Caps $16M Renovations with Relaunch Party
- Rod Ford: Little Rock Startup Scene Needs Capital
- Community Bankers Group Responds to Wal-Mart's GoBank Checking Accounts
- County Clerk Cancels Leslie Rutledge's Voter Registration 8 hours ago
- Mike Beebe Makes 28 Appointments to Arkansas Boards, Commissions 11 hours ago
- Windstream Names Bob Gunderman Interim CFO 14 hours ago
- Developers Reimagine Conway's Oak Street 3 days ago
- Dominik Mjartan Promoted at Southern Bancorp 11 hours ago