Truman Arnold Cos.
Truman Arnold Cos. of Texarkana, consistently ranked among the biggest private companies in Arkansas by revenue, is a petroleum wholesaler and provider of aviation services through fixed-base operations around the region. For the fiscal year that ended Sept. 30, 2011, TAC reported revenue that broke through the $3 billion mark -- a record for the company. In early 2012, the firm acquired Keystone Aviation LLC of Salt Lake City and planned to expand its TAC Air brand to two Keystone operations in Utah.
The company was founded by Truman Arnold in 1964. He remains chairman.
TAC employs more than 500 and has sales and distribution exceeding 2 billion gallons annually. TAC also has interests in convenience stores, real estate and ranching.
Forbes magazine ranks it as one of the largest private companies in the United States; it was No. 3 on Arkansas Business' 2010 list of the state's largest private companies.
Arnold has served as president of the Arkansas Oil Marketers Association and on the National Petroleum Council and is chairman emeritus of the National Air Transportation Association.
- Heartbleed? No Need for Heart Attack, We've Got Help, Advice
- CMS Database Shows Medicare Payments to Doctors, Others in 2012
- NY Post Reports Alice Walton Might Be Buyer of $70M Penthouse
- French Hill Criticized in GOP Debate Over Donation 3 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- $150 Million Sale Brings an End To Wilson Empire 3 years ago
- Rickenbach Indictment Reveals More Details of One Bank Under Scooter Stuart 7 days ago
- Debate Might Not Change Arkansas Senate Race (Andrew DeMillo Analysis) 3 hours ago