University of Arkansas Foundation Inc.
The University of Arkansas Foundation is the nonprofit main fundraising arm for the University of Arkansas.
It is governed by a 22-member board of directors, four of whom are appointed by the University of Arkansas Board of Trustees. Volunteer advancement groups from seven university campuses or divisions appoint two members each and four members are appointed at large by the University of Arkansas Foundation board.
The UA system comprises six main campuses including the Fayetteville flagship campus, a medical school, two law schools, a graduate school focused on public service, statewide research, service and educational units for agriculture, criminal justice and archeology, and five two-year community colleges.
Councils and funds from satellite campuses which assist in raising funds for the various units are:
• University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Foundation Fund
• Winthrop P. Rockefeller Cancer Institute Foundation Fund
• University of Arkansas at Little Rock Foundation Fund
• University of Arkansas at Fayetteville Development Council
• University of Arkansas at Monticello Foundation Fund
• University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff Foundation Fund
Based in Fayetteville, the foundation's primary mission is to secure private financial support for all aspects of the University of Arkansas system but is separate from the Razorback Foundation, which is the major fundraiser for Razorback athletics.
- Judge Puts Brakes on Parks Lawsuit Against Tyson
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Jobs at Sun Paper, Mercy Northwest, GW Communication & Sprint
- Dave & Buster's to Open in June at Grove at Gateway Town Center
- Little Rock Startup Launches RaftUp App 21 hours ago
- USA Truck to Pay Former Executive $630,000 2 days ago
- Pulaski County's Most Expensive Home Sales of 2015 4 days ago
- Bruno's Deli Still Set for June Opening 4 days ago
- Scott Lambert Steps Up to Senior Examiner at State Bank Department (Movers & Shakers) 4 days ago