Tagged: the toggery

Phil and Penny Olinghouse on Keeping The Toggery Competitive 65 Years After Opening

by Arkansas Business Staff 10/21/2013 12:00 am

The Toggery opened in 1948 in the 5700 block of Kavanaugh Boulevard in the Heights. In 1962, it moved to its current Heights location at 5919 R St., a 1,500-SF site that recently was expanded to 6,000 SF. The business added a west Little Rock store in 1978. That store, which carries school uniforms for more than 45 schools across the state and region, is now in Pleasant Ridge Town Center. The Toggery, which is celebrating its 65th anniversary this year, also sells fine children's clothes, shoes, toys and books.

Kudos: John Brown Renames Business College in Honor of Don Soderquist

by Arkansas Business Staff 9/23/2013 12:00 am

• John Brown University at Siloam Springs recently announced that its college of business has been renamed in honor of retired Wal-Mart Stores Inc. executive Don Soderquist. The university also announced a $2 million endowment for the Donald G. Soderquist College of Business, which includes a $1 million gift from the Soderquist Family Foundation and a $1 million matching gift by an anonymous donor.