Hot Springs Memorial Field was dedicated on Memorial Day in 1947 to honor Arkansans who fought and died in World War II. But originally, cronies on the City Council had named the airport for Mayor Leo P. McLaughlin.

Want the Full Article?

Get Unlimited Archive Access for $19.95 per Year

Readers must pay to access articles older than 15 days.
Articles newer than 15 days are not included in this offer.

Purchase Now

Already have archive access? Login to view this article.