Arkansas Business will honor more than 40 companies designated among this year's "Best Places to Work" during an awards luncheon in September.
The annual event is tied to the "Best Places to Work" survey, which companies can use to determine employee perceptions of their organization and leadership.
The survey includes sections that examine leadership and planning; corporate culture and communication; employee relationships to supervisors; and pay and benefits. Employees complete the survey anonymously, and employers can analyze the results by specific topics and demographics, including age, sex, ethnicity, status, job role and department.
Employers pay a fee to take part in the survey, which is administered by the Best Companies Group.
"Best Companies Group compiles a detailed view of aggregated responses and a full transcript of employee comments to open-ended questions," said Arkansas Business Publishing Group Publisher Mitch Bettis, who has used the survey since 2014. "Management can use the data to benchmark responses coming from other participating companies and, more importantly, to benchmark progress within your company year-to-year."
Individual company scores are private information and available only to participants. For the awards program, Best Companies Group compiles the data to determine which Arkansas firm wins the top "Benchmark Award" for general workplace excellence. Last year's winner was Information Network of Arkansas.
This year's honorees are:
- Advantage Service Co.
- Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Arkansas Federal Credit Union
- Baldwin & Shell Construction Co.
- Baxter Regional Medical Center
- BNSF Logistics LLC
- Braswell and Son Pawnbrokers
- BSR REIT
- CaseStack LLC
- Catholic High School for Boys
- Central Arkansas Water
- CHI St. Vincent Hot Springs
- Conway Regional Health System
- Cross Gunter Witherspoon & Galchus P.C.
- Datamax Inc.
- Delta Dental of Arkansas
- Edafio Technology Partners
- Farmers Bank & Trust Co.
- Flintco LLC
- FNBC Bank
- Harrison Energy Partners
- Information Network of Arkansas (INA)
- Kimbel Mechanical Systems Inc.
- Medical Center of South Arkansas
- Movista Inc.
- Perks Worldwide
- Publishing Concepts LP
- Rainwater Holt & Sexton
- Rausch Coleman Homes
- SHARE Foundation
- Simmons Bank
- St. Bernards Medical Center
- Supreme Lending
- The Brad Hendricks Law Firm
- Total Quality Logistics
- Travel Nurse Across America
- TRS Healthcare
- USAble Life
- VCC Construction
- WELSCO Inc.
- Wright Lindsey Jennings