Baxter D. Drennon of Little Rock has been named a national director of DRI-The Voice of the Defense Bar at the organization’s recent annual meeting in New Orleans.
Baxter is a partner with Wright Lindsey & Jennings LLP.
Samuel H. Piazza has joined Gill Ragon Owen PA in Little Rock as an associate attorney.
Piazza, a graduate of the Bowen School of Law, primarily practices in the area of transactional law, focusing on corporate governance and formation, real estate finance, mergers and acquisitions, public finance, and employment compliance.
Rebecca Ferguson has joined Leigh Law PLLC of North Little Rock as supervising attorney.
Ferguson attended the University of Arkansas at Little Rock’s Bowen School of Law.
Michele S. Allgood and John Keeling Baker are among 29 attorneys at Mitchell Williams Selig Gates & Woodyard of Little Rock who have been recognized by Super Lawyers in its 2019 list of Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
Allgood was recognized in government finance and Baker in business litigation.
Also recognized were the following from the Little Rock office:
- Sherry P. Bartley, personal injury-products, defense
- Trav Baxter, tax
- R.T. Beard III, personal injury-medical malpractice, defense
- C. Douglas Buford Jr., securities and corporate finance
- Ken Cook, personal injury-medical malpractice, defense
- Byron Freeland, employment litigation, defense
- Allan Gates, environmental
- Kathlyn Graves, employment and labor
- Harold W. Hamlin, business/corporate
- Anton Janik, tax
- M. Samuel Jones III, schools and education
- D. Nicole Lovell, business/corporate
- Walter E. May, business/corporate
- Lance R. Miller, business litigation
- Scott D. Provencher, personal injury-medical malpractice, defense
- Lyn P. Pruitt, personal injury-products, defense
- Melissa Bandy, business/corporate
- Megan Hargraves, personal injury-medical malpractice, defense
- Benjamin Jackson, personal injury-medical malpractice, defense
- David Koehler, civil litigation, defense
- Brian A. Pipkin, business/corporate
- Zachary T. Steadman, health care
- Graham C. Talley, personal injury-medical malpractice, defense
- Mary Catherine Way, personal injury-products, defense
- Jordan P. Wimpy, environmental
Two others, both of the Rogers office, are Stuart P. Miller, personal injury-general, defense; and Craig Cockrell, estate and probate.
See more of this week's Movers & Shakers, and submit your own announcement at ArkansasBusiness.com/Movers.