Cathy Owen, chairman of Eagle Bank & Trust of Little Rock, was elected vice chairman of the government relations council at the American Bankers Association annual conference.
The role includes an appointment to the association’s executive committee, and she will continue to serve on the association’s board of directors.
Caleb Talley, executive director of the Startup Junkie Foundation of Fayetteville, has been named to the National Small Business Association Leadership Council. NSBA is a nonpartisan small-business advocacy organization.
The nonprofit Arkansas Independent Producers & Royalty Owners recently elected the following people for two-year terms on its board of directors:
- Chris Rogers of Mission Creek Resources in Magnolia
- Howard Vernon of Toklan Oil & Gas Corp. of Tulsa
- Jeremy Fitzpatrick of Flywheel Energy of Oklahoma City
- and Dan Zilmer of Merit Energy Co. of Dallas.
AIPRO serves all segments of the state’s oil and natural gas industry, promoting mineral exploration and production, and represents royalty owner interests.
The Arkansas Academy of Computing, which honors people with Arkansas ties who have made contributions to the computing industry, has inducted the following in its 16th class of honorees.
- Joe Ehrhardt, CEO and founder of Teslar Software
- Elizabeth Glasbrenner, CEO and co-founder of Smiley Technologies Inc.
- Paul Gower, owner of Lunamark
- Gina Gregson, distinguished project manager of Acoustic
- Marla Johnson, CEO and co-founder of LeapXL
- Herb Lair, founder of CUO
- Greg McKee, chief information officer of Friday Eldredge & Clark LLP
- Tong Weida, director of the Division of Bioinformatics & Biostatistics at NCTR/FDA
- and Dave Wengel, CEO and founder, SmartResume/iDatafy.
See more of this week's Movers & Shakers, and submit your own announcement at ArkansasBusiness.com/Movers.