The Little Rock Convention & Visitors Bureau has launched a mobile pass highlighting the city’s top cycling attractions, the Little Rock Pedal Pass.
It follows the May launch of the organization's first pass, the Little Rock Attractions Pass.
The cycling pass, developed with the technology company Bandwango, is a free program with more than 50 of central Arkansas’ cycling trails and routes featured in a passport-like format. It's open to residents and visitors.
When cycling the featured trails, participants can check in at each trailhead using their phone's built-in GPS to start earning prizes.
Tiered incentives include:
- Initial Pass Sign-Up: Little Rock Pedal Pass branded sticker
- 5 Check-Ins: Big on Cycling sticker and Big on Little Rock Cycling bandana
- 15 Check-Ins: 15 Entries into quarterly sweepstakes drawing valued at $500
- 30 Check-Ins: 30 Entries into quarterly sweepstakes drawing valued at $500
- 51 Check-Ins: 51 Entries into quarterly sweepstakes drawing valued at $500
The quarterly sweepstakes prize package includes a Big on Little Rock fondo style cycling jersey and entry into next year’s best Little Rock cycling events, including the Big Dam Bridge 100, Little Rock Gran Fondo, Tour de Rock and River City Classic.
"We’re excited to continue building upon our Little Rock Pass program,” Gina Gemberling, president and CEO of the LRCVB said in a news release. "With the growth in interest in cycling at all levels and the addition of new cycling experience opportunities in Little Rock and central Arkansas, we hope that the Little Rock Pedal Pass further encourages people to get outside and explore Little Rock on two wheels."