Icon (Close Menu)

Logout

Ouachita Baptist Raises Record $17.2M

1 min read

Ouachita Baptist University in Arkadelphia announced Monday that it received a record $17.2 million in private support in 2017-18.

The fundraising total surpassed the previous record, set in 2005-06, by almost $1 million. A total of $12.3 million was raised last year.

Of this year’s total, 58 percent is in the form of cash and pledges. The remaining 42 percent is in realized estate bequests.

OBU said that the bulk of the money, about $12 million, will be applied to annual and endowed student scholarships. The remainder is earmarked for programs, facilities and strategic initiatives.

“We believe that our donors are responding favorably to the momentum we are enjoying here,” President Ben Sells said in a news release. “Last fall, we experienced a significant increase in freshmen, were recognized for the highest graduation rate in the state and achieved a high placement rate for graduates. Our alumni, students and friends are excited to see Ouachita on the rise, and we are poised for continued growth.”

Send this to a friend