Spencer Jones, who won the 2014 fall edition of the ARK Challenge with his Little Rock startup Jones Innovative Medical Solutions, has some advice for aspiring entrepreneurs looking to emulate his early success.
His five tips for startup success:
- Surround yourself with experienced advisers and listen to them.
- Treat business partnerships like a marriage: Give more than you get.
- Don’t get discouraged; every startup goes through tough times. Keep your spirits up and stay determined.
- Focus on the short-term tasks first and plan for the long term after.
- Don’t be afraid to make your own decisions. Different people will give you advice that may pull you in different directions. Take it all in, trust your gut and make your own educated decisions with confidence.