1/27/2023 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Location: Jones Center for Families
Address: 922 E. Emma Ave., Springdale, AR
The 2023 NWA Health Summit will be held from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 27, at the Jones Center for Families in Springdale.
The summit will focus on the growing importance and integration of community health workers (CHW) to drive inclusivity and health equity.
Attendees will learn about community health worker opportunities in health care, community and school-based settings; equity in mental health services and trauma-informed care; and improving health literacy among underserved populations.
The summit will include a keynote speech from Creshelle R. Nash, M.D., MPH, who serves as the medical director for health equity and public programs at Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield.
In addition, the following workshops are planned:
- Police and Social Work Practice led by the Fayetteville Police Department
- The Six Rights of CHW Integration led by Umemba Health
- How to Reach Diverse Communities led by Our Healthy Alliance
- Mental Health Awareness by University of Health & Performance
- Community Health Worker Training Program by UAMS Center for Health & Research
- Cultural Considerations in Mental Health led by Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Successful Integration of CHWs led by Samaritan Community Center
- Prioritizing Organizational Health Literacy to Support Health Equity led by UAMS Center for Health Literacy
- Trauma Informed Care led by Northwest Arkansas Crisis Stabilization Unit
- Integrating CHWs into Health Care and Non-Health Care Settings Panel led by the Northwest Arkansas Council
- Promoting Health Literacy in Your Community led by Our Healthy Alliance
Click here for the full agenda.