• More than 10 years of employment for the state of Arkansas in various roles.
• Served on the Transformation Transition Team that led the state’s reorganization efforts in 2019, resulting in the largest government reorganization in 50 years.
• Director of Rural Services, Arkansas Economic Development Commission.
• Integral role in helping AEDC obtain more than $1.5 million in rural development grants.
• 2019 participant in Harvard Kennedy School’s executive education program.
Vice president, Fair Park Early Childhood Center PTA; volunteer, St. James United Methodist Church children’s choir ministry.
First job and lessons learned
“I was a one-man-band television reporter in West Monroe, Louisiana. It taught me a lot about hard work, how to be resourceful and meeting tough deadlines. I learned how to interact with people, build relationships, strengthen communication skills and realized the importance of being a self-starter.”
Top challenge facing Arkansas
“Retaining talented Arkansans. Especially making Arkansas attractive to working mothers who can build their careers and feel supported as mothers, too.”