Research Informatics Analyst
- Company: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- Updated: 9/10/2018
- Location: Little Rock
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: Salary offered commensurate with experience
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Central
- Category: Internet/E-Commerce
The Research Informatics Analyst II operationalizes data management processes for scientific research and clinical research projects.
1. Operationalizes data management processes including data processing, system development, system validation and system implementation.
2.Identifies, reports and prevents/mitigates project risks.
3.Provides progress reports on system development, system validation, system implementation, data collection and data processing.
4.Tracks production and communicates problems/backlogs to the project team and management.
5.Calculates and monitors productivity standards and process metrics; uses metrics and studies parameters to project data volume and resource needs.
6.Designs, creates and maintains study form instructions, medical record abstraction guidelines and data processing operations used by peers and other team members.
7. Creates study protocols, data dictionaries, forms and documents to create basic logical data models.
8.Creates and selects written procedures, study protocols, interviews and observations used by peers and other team members to create data and workflow diagrams.
9. Maintains standardized data management documentation including: data definitions, logical data models, functional specifications of information systems used, data access and control procedures and associated records, audit findings and corrective/preventative action responses.
10.Identifies and resolves data discrepancies.
11.Creates specifications for and oversee the development, testing and distribution of study reports; writes SQL code to produce ad-hoc reports.
12.May perform other duties as assigned.
•Bachelor’s Degree in biomedical informatics, computer science or science-related area PLUS at least three (3) years of experience working with data or in a biomedical informatics field
•Required skills include: SQL programming, analytical skills, ability to use data and process modeling, and knowledge of form and data base design
•Ability to perform system testing, to validate and evaluate information systems and knowledge of information system implementation processes and change control
•Effectively draft and maintain process documentation such as Standard Operating Procedures and work instructions
•Knowledge to successfully acquire and manage data from electronic health records and medical devices
•Experience with any of the following principles: ICH GCP; open source solutions for clinical research like LimeSurvey, OpenClinica, REDCap and/or similar; standard expressions of CDISC controlled terminology; FAIR guiding principles; programming languages like Python, Java, R, SAS and/or similar
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence.