- Company: Southern Arkansas University Tech
- Updated: 1/29/2019
- Location: Camden
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: $20,788
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Region: Southwest
- Category: General Employment, Skilled Services
The Maintenance Assistant works under general supervision and is responsible for maintaining grounds, buildings, equipment, and performing general labor. This position is governed by established trade practices and agency/institution policy.
1. Performs and assists in performing a variety of skilled trade duties as an apprentice under the supervision of a skilled tradesman.
2. Builds and repairs wooden structures or their structural parts.
3. Assembles, installs, and repairs air, gas, water, and waste disposal systems according to specifications and plumbing codes.
4. Performs a variety of interior and exterior painting tasks.
5. Installs electrical wiring, fixtures, and computer cables.
6. Performs acetylene gas and electrical arc welding on equipment in need of repair.
7. Performs bricklaying and other masonry duties.
8. Performs related responsibilities as required or assigned.
1. The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma;
2. One year of related work experience
3. Must have valid Arkansas Driver’s License with good driving record
4. Background check required