Warehouse Specialist/Fleet Management
- Company: Southern Arkansas University Tech
- Updated: 1/29/2019
- Location: Camden
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: $22,919
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Region: Southwest
- Category: General Employment, Skilled Services
The Warehouse Specialist/Fleet Management position works under general supervision and is responsible for procuring and receiving supplies and preparing specifications for bids. This position is governed by state purchasing laws and regulations and agency/institution policy.
Specifically, the job assignment includes, but is not limited to:
1. Assists employees with preparing cost estimates for purchases, updates employees on new procedures, coordinates delivery and pick-up of materials, and supervises inventory procedures.
2. Researches various vendors for availability and prices of supplies, prepares purchase orders for processing, contacts vendors on delinquent orders, and returns unwanted or unused material to vendors.
3. Assigns line item and warehouse location numbers on materials received and monitors order files for unfilled orders.
4. Writes specifications on materials for bid, compares vendor bids for lowest price and best quality materials, prepares justification for choice of vendor, and completes purchase orders.
5. Answers questions concerning orders, assists in resolving discrepancies in shipments, keeps abreast of new procedure, and completes reports.
6. Service all gas and diesel vehicles and equipment.
7. Schedules vehicle reservations, submits trip tickets to Administrative Specialist, conducts preventive maintenance and cleans vehicles as necessary.
8. Checks in and logs all incoming freight.
9. Generates new keys and cores.
10. Performs related responsibilities as required or assigned.
SPECIAL JOB DIMENSIONS:
Occasional heavy lifting is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of state purchasing regulations; Knowledge of bid specification procedures; Ability to procure and receive supplies; Ability to write specifications for bids; Ability to inventory supplies; Ability to work alone or with a team.
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Two years of experience in storeroom operations, purchasing, central supply, or a related field.
3. Must have a valid Arkansas driver’s license and good driving record
4. Background check required