Maintenance Assistant (AFTA)
- Company: Southern Arkansas University Tech
- Updated: 1/29/2019
- Location: Camden
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: $20,788
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Region: Southwest
- Category: General Employment, Skilled Services
The Maintenance Assistant works under general supervision and is responsible for maintaining grounds, buildings, equipment, and performing general labor. This position is a grade C108 on the state pay plan and is governed by established trade practices and agency/institution policy.
1. Cleans facilities. Maintains floors in buildings by stripping, waxing and buffing.
2. Cleans and maintains dorms as needed.
3. Assist with classroom setup and trash disposal.
4. Maintains and fuels vehicles.
5. Maintains and operates equipment such as; tractors, lawn mowers, weed eaters, etc. to maintain grounds.
6. Maintains fire training equipment, props, and building equipment.
7. Assist in setting fire props.
8. Performs related responsibilities as required or assigned.
1. Completion of HS diploma or equivalent
2. One year of related work experience
3. Must be able to work flexible schedule to include evenings and weekends
4. Must have valid Arkansas Driver’s License with good driving record
5. Background check required