Solid Waste Management Instructor/Program Coordinator
- Company: Southern Arkansas University Tech
- Updated: 1/30/2019
- Location: Camden
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: 45,000
- Job Level: 5-10 Years Experience
- Region: Southwest
- Category: Education
This is a twelve-month position at the Arkansas Environmental Training Academy. The primary function of this positon is to coordinate and teach in the Solid Waste Program under the direct supervision of the Director of the Arkansas Environmental Training Academy. Specifically, the position will include but not be limited to the following duties:
1. Develop and revise Solid Waste curriculums to keep current with changing technology and/or regulations.
2. Work with the Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ) Solid Waste Division to obtain/maintain approval of all Solid Waste Certification Courses.
3. Develop a strategy to foster cooperation with Solid Waste entities statewide.
4. Work with AETA staff, Solid Waste adjuncts, and Solid Waste Management Districts in development of the annual Solid Waste training schedule.
5. Coordinate with the respective Solid Waste Management Districts to provide training at various locations statewide as requested by the districts or by industry. Teach Solid Waste certification and update courses on-campus, off-campus, and by internet delivery.
6. Oversee the Solid Waste Program budget. Become familiar with the Poise system utilized by SAU Tech for budgeting purposes.
7. Develop a checklist of all course materials needed for classes and provide it to the clerical staff to use when preparing for upcoming classes.
8. Develop a network of qualified adjunct instructors statewide.
9. Attend meetings workshops, seminars, and conferences as requested.
10. Perform other related duties as may be assigned by the Director of the Academy.
1. Minimum of five (5) years direct experience in the operation of a solid waste management facility (Class 1, Class 3C, Class 4 landfill, transfer station, composting, etc.) and/or teaching experience for solid waste or related field.
2. Hold a current Arkansas Level C (Master) Operator License.
3. Associate of Applied Science Degree or complete one within three (3) years of employment.
4. Background check required.
1. Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology, Chemistry, or Environmental Science.