Human Resources Director
- Company: Colliers International
- Updated: 2/5/2019
- Location: Little Rock (downtown area)
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: DOE
- Job Level: 5-10 Years Experience
- Region: Central
- Category: Human Resources
Job Title: Human Resources Director FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Support Location: Little Rock
Reports To: CFO
Job Description Summary: Plan, direct and coordinate human resource management activities of an organization to maximize the strategic use of human resources and maintain functions such as all company benefits, recruitment, personnel policies and regulatory compliance.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Responsible for writing, maintaining, revising and disseminating human resources related company policies and procedures.
2. Oversight of the recruitment effort for all exempt, non-exempt and temporary workers; writes and places advertisements; works with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; conducts reference checking; extends job offers; conducts new-employee orientations, employee relations counseling and exit interviews.
3. Solely responsible for all administration (annual insurance renewals, vendor calls, enrollments, claims resolution, change reporting and approving invoices for payment) of all company provided core benefits to include medical, dental, long-term disability, vision, cancer, accident, short-term disability, life insurance, 401(K), flexible spending account, workers’ compensation and COBRA.
4. Direct supervision of the Receptionist and responsibility for the functions this position performs. Coordinates front desk support when the receptionist is unable to work for a short or long duration.
5. Respond to all unemployment insurance claims and serves as the company representative in unemployment insurance hearings.
6. Responsible for all employee relations to include counseling, involuntary terms and investigations.
7. Responsible for company’s Drug-Free Workplace program/annual renewal process, 401K compliance testing process, ACA process and filing and filing of annual EEO-1.
8. Analyzes, prepares and inputs payroll data using payroll vendor software to produce accurate and timely payroll. Administers and oversees timekeeping process.
9. Responsible for maintaining and upkeep of all job descriptions.
10. Responsible for the administration and oversight of the Family and Medical Leave Act program.
11. Stays current on recent federal, state and case law changes and monitors labor law updates and newsletters for changes.
12. Responsible for coordination of monthly Principal meetings to include agenda, taking of the minutes, transcription and dissemination of the minutes.
13. Solely responsible for the administration of the company’s business cell phone account.
14. Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
15. Provides guidance and recommendations to supervisors and employees.
16. Work in a constant state of alertness.
17. This description is not an exhaustive list of all job functions, duties, skills and job standards required. Other job functions, duties, skills and standards may be added. Management reserves the right to add or change the job requirements at any time.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Must have persuasive presentation and negotiation skills.
2. Ability to produce accurate, thorough and timely work
3. Excellent customer skills
4. Extremely detailed and organized
5. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
6. Positive attitude, dependable and self-starter
7. Good listening skills
8. Works well under very limited supervision
9. Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects
10. Ability to exercise judgment and discretion
11. Excellent time-management skills
12. Professional appearance
13. Must be a highly motivated self-starter
Minimum Job Requirements:
Education: College degree desired but not required
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of generalist experience.
Supervisory Responsibility: 1
Equipment Used in Work Environment:
1. PC with Microsoft Suite of products including word & excel
2. Electronic calculator
3. Photocopy Machine
4. Fax Machine
5. Digital Scanner
Major Job Demands (Physical & Mental):
1. Repetitive detail work
2. Reaching, bending, squatting, lifting, pushing, pulling
3. Working under pressure and meeting deadlines
4. Interacting with a wide range of personalities
5. Ability to lift or move up to 20 pounds