Housing Supervisor (part-time)
- Company: Our House
- Updated: 9/18/2019
- Location: Little Rock
- Status: Full-Time
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Central
- Category: Nonprofits
Reporting to the Director of Housing, the Housing Supervisor is the after-hours staff member on duty. It is the Housing Supervisor’s responsibility to oversee the entire campus and all people on the campus, including residents, volunteers, and visitors. If an incident occurs anywhere on the campus, the “go-to” person in the Housing Supervisor, who is then responsible for handling the situation. This may include notifying outside agencies or other staff members or may include dealing with the situations him/herself. The Housing Supervisor has significant supervisory and crisis management responsibilities and must maintain good work integrity, effective communication, and other areas as described below.
• Supervises residents in the Housing Programs and all areas of the campus during shift.
• Notifies direct supervisor of any emergencies or conflicts that involve outside agencies.
• Ensures that residents participate in mandatory programs and refer Our House programs (Career Center classes, recovery meetings, drug testing, Children’s Programs, CAFSI, etc.).
• On a regular and ongoing basis, communicates with shelter management team about residents’ needs, evictions, shelter needs, ongoing issues or system changes: other shelter supervisors, case manager, and direct supervisor.
• Ensures that meals are prepared and served.
• Enforces all written shelter rules and additional Our House policies and procedures documenting any violations (through the “write-up” process).
• In the event of a resident/ and or Job Trainee receiving a fourth write up the supervisor who witnessed incident must monitor and enforce the eviction after contacting their direct supervisor.
• Assign chores after each meal.
• Monitors residents’ sobriety and reports and documents drug or alcohol related incidents with the write-up system.
• Ensures that all areas in and around the shelter are clean, organized and safe.
• Process work orders when there is a maintenance issue.
• Processes new intakes and exits of residents, including filling out all required paperwork.
• Greets and orients volunteers (including meal serving groups) to the facilities and to the needs that they are there to meet.
• Documents donations and volunteers using data collection system (contact info, what was given/volunteer project, date, value).
• Reports emergency situations immediately to direct supervisor and documents any incidents, emergencies and concerns from residents, donors or volunteers (examples of incidents include any time outside agencies—police, DHS—are involved in occurrences at Our House or physical violence or threats are made).
• De-escalates conflict situations
• To ensure safety, intervention when dealing with crisis situations or emergencies
• Attends all mandatory bi-weekly staff meetings prepared and on time
• Must follow all policies and procedures concerning residents, staff and volunteers and donors
• Must dress and act professionally at all times
• Other duties as assigned.
The Housing Supervisor will be thoroughly committed to Our House’s mission. All candidates should have the following qualifications and experience:
• Social services experience
• At least 2-3 years working in a program or organization serving individuals in a residential setting
• High school diploma is required
• Conflict resolution and crisis management experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative.
• Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
• Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and vehicle to use in performance of job.
• Must be able to pass criminal background and child and adult maltreatment screens and a pre-employment drug screen.
• Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the words “Housing Supervisor (part time)" in the subject line.
Our House is a drug free workplace.
Our House is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. People of color and members of the LGBTQ community are encouraged to apply.
To view the full job description, visit ourhouseshelter.org/jobs