Medical Office Administration Instruct or
- Company: Southern Arkansas University Tech
- Updated: 4/5/2019
- Location: Camden
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: commensurate with education and experience
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Southwest
- Category: Education, Nurses
This is an academic nine-month position with full benefits. This position requires a commitment to teaching in a community college setting and the ability to successfully interact and respond to the needs of an academically and culturally diverse campus setting. The courses to be taught include: Medical Terminology, Medical Office Administration, Basic Pharmacology, Medical Coding, Medical Assisting, Medical Billing and Electronic Health Records. This position will be responsible for:
1. Teaching a minimum of 15 semester hours each fall and spring semester with instruction including, but not limited to, medical office administration courses.
2. Assisting in maintenance and supervision of laboratories.
3. Maintaining office hours to be accessible as needed for student conferences.
4. Assisting in curriculum development and selection of instructional materials.
In addition to teaching duties, the faculty member will be expected to maintain active participation in non-instructional campus responsibilities such as college and departmental initiatives, committee work, student record keeping, curriculum planning, assessment of student learning, recruiting, and professional development.
1. Graduation from an accredited program.
2. Current coding certification or five years of job-related experience.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
4. Good command of the English language.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Medical Office Administration or related field.
2. Minimum of five (5) years work experience in the medical office setting.
Minimum of two (2) years teaching experience at post-secondary level