Welding Academy Recruiter
- Company: Southern Arkansas University Tech
- Updated: 4/5/2019
- Location: Magnolia
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: $ 30,000
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Region: Southwest
- Category: Education
JOB DESCRIPTION: The SAU Tech Welding Academy Recruiter will be responsible for recruiting students for the SAU Tech Welding Academy program and the Associate-level welding engineering degree program located in Magnolia, Arkansas. This is a twelve-month position with full benefits and is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institutional policy.
Specifically, the job assignment includes but not limited to:
1. Attend events for recruitment such as welding seminars, FFA conventions, SkillsUSA competitions, as well as visit high schools and career centers throughout the southern USA region.
2. Assist in maintaining required Academy files related to AWS certification records.
3. Teach in the Welding Academy lab when required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
Strong verbal and written skills
Ability to work independently and is a motivated self-starter
Ability to work in a team environment
1. Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include some evenings.
2. Ability and willingness to travel for extensive periods of time throughout the SE United States.
1. Student advising and/or recruiting experience.
2. Familiar with Microsoft Office Programs