Compliance Analyst I - Advisory
- Company: Centennial Bank
- Updated: 11/18/2019
- Location: Conway
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: Depends on Experience
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Region: Central, Northwest, Northeast
- Category: Banking/Finance, Finance, Professional, Research
For more information and/or to apply, please visit our career site at:
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Responsible for providing guidance related to regulatory compliance requirements in an advisory capacity to all lines of business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Remain current with the changes to state and federal banking laws and regulations affecting the management, operations, and product offerings of the bank.
2. Coordinates with operating departments to ensure adherence to laws and regulations relating to new or revised products and services offerings of the bank.
3. Coordinates and offers support to the bank's training department through recommendations concerning compliance training, as they relate to the various compliance reviews performed at the bank.
4. Provide senior management with information to accurately determine the bank's extent of compliance.
5. Performs research to aid in answering compliance-related questions on a daily basis from bank personnel.
6. Maintain confidentiality on all Audit & Risk Committee files, records, work papers, minutes,etc.
7. Maintain the compliance department intranet and make changes as necessary.
8. Schedule meetings with the operating units and managers, as necessary, to provide information on compliance changes that affect their respective areas.
9. Completes required BSA/AML training and other compliance training as assigned.
10. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
11. Obtain continuing education related to job duties as necessary.
12. Develop and manage strong working relationships with business units.
13. Assist with Compliance Risk Assessments of business units and programs.
14. Provide expert regulatory advice, challenge and oversight on compliance matters to business units.
15. Provide reporting/escalation on compliance programs and risks to Senior Compliance Manager.
16. Advise business units on options for remediating regulatory compliance issues identified through self-assessments, compliance monitoring, compliance control testing, internal audits and regulatory examinations.
17. Assist with Third Party Vendor Risk Assessments on compliance related items.
18. Serve as compliance representative and advisor for assigned new business initiative and special projects.
19. Communicate a comprehensive view of regulatory risk to lines of businesses.
20. Assist in the planning and due diligence phases of the Company's various acquisition projects.
21. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 2 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read a limited number of words and recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers; Ability to write and speak simple sentences as a means for basic communication. Ability to read and understand simple instructions, short correspondence, notes, letters and memos; Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, general public and other employees of the organization. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and policy/procedure manuals; Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Intermediate: 10-Key, Presentation/PowerPoint, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
Periodically exposed to such elements as noise, intermittent standing, walking, occasionally pushing, carrying, or lifting; but none are present to the extent of being disagreeable.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Semi-repetitive, low physical. Semi-repetitive type work which requires periods of concentration for varied time cycles as prescribed by the tasks.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to talk or hear; regularly required to sit; occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
1-2 years of previous experience in the Compliance Department at a financial institution preferred.
Previous experience with FIS Bankway Banking Solutions preferred.
Working knowledge with DecisionPro and Centrax preferred.
Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Ability to work independently.
Ability to work under stringent time constraints.
Ability to function in a team environment.
Paid holidays and vacation
• Home BancShares, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information and/or to apply, please visit our career site at: