- Company: Centennial Bank
- Updated: 5/10/2019
- Location: Conway
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: Depends on Experience
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Region: Central, Northwest
- Category: Legal Services, Professional, Research
For more information and/or to apply, please visit our career site at:
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Contracts Paralegal will be responsible for reviewing and editing vendor contracts, assisting the Project Management Office Director with merger and acquisition due diligence, and dispositioning vendor contracts from acquired financial institutions. They will be responsible for reviewing, commenting on, and documenting the terms and conditions of property leases and vendor contracts, and will assist in developing corresponding financial obligations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Review and amend vendor contracts. This duty is performed daily, about 25% of the time.
2. Coordinate activities with bank legal counsel. This duty is performed daily, about 25% of the time.
3. Review and document acquired bank vendor contracts and submit vendor terminations. This duty is performed as needed, about 15% of the time.
4. Develop estimates of financial impact incurred by terminating agreements. This duty is performed as needed, about 10% of the time.
5. Participate in and document due diligence activities relative to Merger and Acquisition events. This duty is performed as needed, about 15% of the time.
6. Review and document lease terminations for Merger and Acquisition events. This duty is performed as needed, about 10% of the time.
7. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
8. Completes required BSA/AML training and other compliance training as assigned. This duty is performed as needed.
9. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 3 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and understand simple instructions, short correspondence, notes, letters and memos; Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, general public and other employees of the organization. Ability to read, analyze, and understand common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents; Ability to respond to complex or difficult inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to prepare and interpret bar graphs.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of known variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram formats.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
NALA CP designation, NFPA RP designation.
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Advanced: Contact Management, Word Processing/Typing
Intermediate: Presentation/PowerPoint, Spreadsheet
Basic: Accounting, Alphanumeric Data Entry, Database
Normal working conditions as found within an office setting, wherein there is controlled temperature and a low noise level, plus a minimum of distractions.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Highly repetitive, low physical. Highly repetitive type of work which requires concentration in the performance of tasks for consistent time cycles as prescribed by the tasks.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, talk or hear; regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms; frequently required to stand, walk; an. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
3 years of paralegal experience
3 years of experience as a paralegal in the banking industry working with mergers and acquisitions, banking, vendor contracts, leases, loan documents, etc.
Must be proficient in Microsoft excel.
Paid holidays and vacation
• Home BancShares, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.