Document Management Specialist
- Company: GTL Americas, LP
- Updated: 5/13/2019
- Location: Little Rock
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: Based on Experience
- Job Level: 5-10 Years Experience
- Region: Central, Northwest, Northeast, Southwest, Southeast
GTL Americas, LP (GTLA) is developing a world class natural gas to liquids (GTL) plant in central Arkansas which will be one of the largest industrial developments in the state’s history. When completed, the plant will produce 33,000 barrels per day of alternative fuels and specialty chemicals and create 200+ full time positions.
GTLA is seeking an experienced Document Management Specialist in our Little Rock, Arkansas, office to select, set up, implement, and maintain a new document management system (DMS) for the company. This includes engineering documents being generated by our design contractors, technology providers, and typical company-generated documents (e.g., reports, letters, emails, contracts, drawings, presentations) in a variety of formats (e.g., docx, xlsx, pdf, pptx, dwg).
This is a new position, reporting to the Project Manager for Site Development and interfaces with the Project Teams for site development and the process plant, as well as the corporate staff.
1. Catalog existing and anticipated documentation needs of technical and corporate activities to define scope of needs.
2. Review DMS options relative to GTLA’s needs and recommend solution. GTLA has identified M-Files as a potentially suitable DMS platform but is willing to consider alternatives.
3. Set up and implement the approved document management system.
4. Provide assistance and training across the organization to ensure authorized access to documents and files.
5. Populate the new DMS system with files from GTLA’s existing electronic files (existing file management systems include Syncplicity, Carbonite, Intralinks, and Windows Explorer).
6. Work with senior staff to establish file access controls.
7. Coordinate file management and back-up activities and other computerization needs with GTLA’s IT contractor.
8. Coordinate document management system with management and the project teams to ensure consistency and functionality of usage across the organization and projects.
9. Ensure all project team documents are captured into the system and readily available to staff and stakeholders, based on access policies to be established.
10. Implement a means of monitoring, tracking, and reporting on system efficacy.
11. Establish and implement file back-up and restore plans.
12. Coordinate in-office hard-copy filing systems.
Experience and Skills
1. Minimum of 5 years of hands-on document management system experience.
2. Proficiency with computer systems and software, including Microsoft Office.
3. Working knowledge of M-Files and Syncplicity preferred.
4. Good oral and written communications skills.
5. GTLA seeks an individual with a positive, “can-do” attitude with a helpful nature for working with a diverse group of professional staff in a dynamic and exciting work environment.
1. Minimum 2-year Associates Degree in Computer Science or other technical field