Facilities Maintenance Worker
- Company: Centennial Bank
- Updated: 7/9/2019
- Location: North Little Rock
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: Depends on Experience
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Central, Northwest, Northeast
- Category: Construction/Architecture, General Employment, Skilled Services
For more information and/or to apply, please visit our career site at:
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The job of Facilities Maintenance Worker is to provide maintenance services as needed and/or assigned; assisting in a wide variety of maintenance activities; addressing immediate operational and/or safety concerns; assisting skilled trades; and ensuring that tools, materials, equipment, and vehicles are maintained in good working order and are available at branch locations when needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Perform basic rough and finished carpentry repair of structures, including partitions, walls, doors, fences, window frames, office furniture, roofs, and shelves. This duty is performed as needed, about 12% of the time.
2. Perform basic electrical repair work for switches, outlets, plugs, cables, appliances, and lighting systems. This duty is performed as needed, about 15% of the time.
3. Identifies and performs basic repairs of plumbing leaks or breaks, opens clogged lines and drains, replaces seals and other minor parts, maintains drinking foundations. This duty is performed as needed, about 12% of the time.
4. Repairs, replaces, and maintains hot water heaters and other appliances. This duty is performed as needed, about 5% of the time.
5. Applies and prepares various surfaces for paint, enamel, lacquer, varnish, or stain. This duty is performed as needed, about 5% of the time.
6. Removes or paints over graffiti. This duty is performed as needed, about 1% of the time.
7. Reports unsafe electrical conditions. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
8. Repairs wall coverings. This duty is performed as needed, about 1% of the time.
9. Maintain assigned vehicle. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
10. Respond to emergency situations during regular working hours and after hours, for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns. This duty is performed as needed, about 5% of the time.
11. Clean drive-thru lanes and ATMs. This duty is performed quarterly, about 5% of the time.
12. Perform preventative maintenance on branches and equipment on a scheduled basis. This duty is performed daily, about 23% of the time.
13. Maintain clean, safe, and orderly work sites. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
14. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner. This duty is performed daily, about 100% of the time.
15. Completes required BSA/AML training and all other required training sessions, as assigned. This duty is performed as needed, about 1% of the time.
16. Repairs or replaces flooring such as carpet tiles or luxury vinyl tile. This duty is performed as needed, about 1% of the time.
17. Complete assigned tickets in a timely manner via Service Now. This duty is performed daily, about 50% of the time.
18. Maintain and protect assigned laptop computer. This duty is performed daily, about 100% of the time.
19. Basic locksmith duties. This duty is performed as needed, about 5% of the time.
20. Move furniture and equipment. This duty is performed as needed, about 10% of the time.
21. Maintain shared storage and warehouse space. This duty is performed as needed, about 15% of the time.
22. Snow and ice removal. This duty is performed as needed, about 2% of the time.
23. Parking lot striping. This duty is performed as needed, about 5% of the time.
24. Maintain paperwork and receipts. This duty is performed daily, about 25% of the time.
25. Basic HVAC knowledge and repairs. This duty is performed weekly, about 20% of the time.
26. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school or GED, plus specialized schooling and/or on the job education in a specific skill area; e.g. data processing, clerical/administrative, equipment operation, etc, plus 5 years related experience and/or training, and 2 years related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, general public and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to prepare and interpret bar graphs.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to utilize common sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral or diagrammed instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving several known variables in situations of a routine nature.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Basic: 10-Key, Contact Management, Human Resources Systems, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
Outside working environment, wherein there are disagreeable working conditions part of the time.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions; frequently exposed to work in high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock; and occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, vibration.The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Highly repetitive, low physical. Highly repetitive type of work which requires concentration in the performance of tasks for consistent time cycles as prescribed by the tasks.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to talk or hear, taste or smell; regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms; and frequently required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds; frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; distance vision; color vision; and depth perception.
- Must be able to effectively use a variety of hand and power tools, and operate appropriate ladders and/or lifts, as needed
- Must be able to read blue prints, identify projects for outside contractors, maintain work logs and service requests
- Must be able to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work assignments
The position may require the use of a vehicle to service customers, administer or participate in civic events, commute to company-owned properties, commute to company-related places of business, or any other purpose considered necessary to the job. Therefore, this position is classified as a safety sensitive position.
Paid holidays and vacation
• Home BancShares, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.