Skilled Tradesman - HVAC
- Company: University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff
- Updated: 8/21/2019
- Location: Pine Bluff
- Status: Full-Time
- Salary: Grade C115 ADHE Classification System
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Region: Southeast
- Category: Education, Professional, Skilled Services
The Skilled tradesman is responsible for the work activities in one or more of the following skilled trades: HVAC (Heating Ventilation, and Air Conditioning), Plumbing, Electrical, Carpentry, and Mechanical. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
Installs, inspects, operates and repairs heating, ventilating and cooling equipment using necessary hand tools and testing equipment.
1. Inspects and operates air conditioning units and machinery to determine that all are functioning properly.
2. Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operating manuals, manufacturers' specifications or supervisor s instructions, using hand and power tools, precision measuring or testing devices.
3. Tests efficiency of system with instruments and makes adjustment to thermostatic controls and blowers.
4. Lubricates compressors, motors and other moving parts.
5. Tests large systems before placing them in operation.
6. Replaces defective bulbs, sets, switches, fuses, and receptacles in buildings or on the exterior areas of the University.
7. Regulates steam or hot water equipment in mechanical rooms, offices, laboratories, residence areas, etc.
8. Adjusts valves, thermostats, and dampers
9. Performs laboring or other semi-skilled duties including drilling, digging, minor roof repair or cement mixing and cleaning of roof gutters, replacement of missing floor or ceiling tile
10. Perform related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION GIVEN AND RECEIVED
Direct supervision by a HVAC Supervisor. At times may lead a small team for special projects.
RELATION TO OTHER JOBS
Perform work to assist plumber, electricians, etc. Assist in preparation for major university events and functions as directed by supervisor.
Indoors and outside. Hazardous machinery. Some overtime required.
1. 5-10 years of experience as a commercial HVAC mechanic.
2. Class B HVAC license. Class A preferred
3. High School Diploma.
4. Controls experience a plus.
1. Must be able to climb ladders,
2. Not afraid of heights
3. Occasional lifting up to 75 lbs.
Salary: Grade C115
Application Process: Submit an application and resume with the name, address and telephone
numbers of three references and proof of required certifications to:
Human Resources Department
University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff
1200 N. University Drive
Mail Slot #4942
Pine Bluff, AR 71601
Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
"UAPB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and participates in E-Verify"
Posted: Adl 08/20/19