- Company: Second Baptist Church
- Updated: 8/29/2019
- Location: LITTLE ROCK
- Status: Part-Time
- Salary: $17,000 to $22,500
- Job Level: 3-5 Years Experience
- Category: Banking/Finance
Second Baptist Church Downtown is seeking a part-time bookkeeper to manage church finances and financial business processes. This includes processing weekly donations and other forms of income, payment processing, and bill payment as well as oversight of purchasing, expense reimbursement, check requests, petty cash, and other routine financial responsibilities.
- A minimum of an associate degree in accounting from an accredited educational institution.
- Minimum of 1-2 years practical experience in fund‐based accounting and account reconciliation, payroll, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills including MS Word and Excel with preferred knowledge of Google suite applications or must be willing to learn those applications
- Experience with ACS OnDemand a plus or must be willing to learn that system
- Attention to detail and precision in account reconciliation and report generation.
- A commitment to good interpersonal relationships, teamwork and support of church ministries.
- A commitment to confidentiality regarding all account records, both of the church and staff, and the members.
- Ability to work independently, manage workload, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Dependable attendance while working roughly 24 hours per week
Must be willing to attend 4 Sunday evening church-wide meetings per year and one monthly Monday night meeting.
The Bookkeeper is supervised by the Administrative Pastor and receives an annual performance evaluation. Salary is $17,000 to $22,500 per year, depending on experience, and is reviewed annually.
Second Baptist Downtown is accepting job applications through September 30, 2019.
Resumes can be sent to Chris Ellis at email@example.com